Printing Payment Summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
VenessaHVB
Partner
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Printing Payment Summaries

I am using Accountright 2020.2 and i dont report through STP Payroll Reporting. 

I need to print off the PAYG Payment Summaries for 2020 but its only allowing me to print the 2021 year.

Since there is no option to rollover the payroll year anymore how do i print the 2020 payment summaries? 

I havent backed up my myob file since there was no prompt to as i havent rolled anything over??? Just continues to do the payroll inthe new payroll year.

Is there an option to print previous year Payment Summaries?

9 REPLIES 9
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Printing Payment Summaries

Hi @VenessaHVB 

Payment Summaries in AccountRight 2020 can be produced via Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries. If you are on AccountRight 2020.2 and you have enabled payroll reporting you would not have that option, however, these can be produced via the Command Centre menu (top of the screen)>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries. 

In terms of the Payment Summary Assistant, the information that will be displayed for the current payroll year. If you have entered your first pays in the new payroll year (i.e. payment date on or after 01/07/2020), you would have rolled the payroll year with the entry of those pays and thus a backup would need to be restored prior to enter of those pays to produce those payments summaries for the previous year. A backup can be restored via File>>Backup. If the company file has been stored online, MYOB may be able to supply a server backup to complete those payment summaries.

More information on this topic can be found on Unable to produce payment summaries once in the new year

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Loyal1
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I use STP. I have closed FYE as at 30 June2020.

I want to print a Payment Summary for an employee who is asking now for a copy. If I roll back now using my backup file to print the payment summary for him, would that affect anything I have done from 1 July 2020? I don't want to roll back and find that I have redo everything I have entered and reconciled since 1 July 2020.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I noted your choice of words relating to the Payroll Year

'In terms of the Payment Summary Assistant, the information that will be displayed for the current payroll year. If you have entered your first pays in the new payroll year (i.e. payment date on or after 01/07/2020), you would have rolled the payroll year with the entry of those pays and thus a backup would need to be restored prior to enter of those pays to produce those payments summaries for the previous year. '

Firstly I would suggest MYOB have hidden the current Payroll Year setting (this used to appear under Setup > General Payroll Information) - this should be restored given it is still relevant.

Secondly given that MYOB automatically rolls the payroll year the moment a user processes payroll in July and without alerting the user and without prompting the user to make a backup, I'm not sure it is correct to say the 'user rolled the payroll year' - clearly MYOB did this not the user.

It would be nice if MYOB took some ownership of this issue rather than suggesting the user did something wrong.

Regards

Gavin

cc @Suja_P 

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Loyal1 

If you are restoring a backup to obtain those payment summaries you want to use the File>>Restore process. Ideally, you want to restore that company file locally (into a library on your computer) and change the company name with the restored file. By doing this you are not impacting your current company file. 

You just want to ensure that you prepare those payment summaries in that file and don't complete other tasks. If you are completing other tasks, these may impact your current file and thus should be avoided.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

While there are fringe cases where showing the Current Payroll year in the General Payroll Information window is still relevant this calendar year, the majority of users would not need to see that information going forward. With the ability to enter pays in the previous payroll year being introduced with AccountRight 2002.2 and with the majority of clients using Payroll Reporting which can showcase previous year information. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Loyal1
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. 

All done.

Loyal1
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. Done.

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

I just had a request for a Payment Summary from someone who needed it (probably for a loan). She doesn't know how to use MyGov. (Maybe she gets an accountant to do her tax returns - so never needs to look at it.) I went to "End of Year finalisation" and downloaded the report as a pdf.  It was suitable for her needs.

I think it's a pain we can't print an actual Payment Summary. Wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to keep a template in MYOB and an extra tab button to use to print it from. But anyway, the above report was useable. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Wynn 

If you have used Payroll Reporting (STP) during your payroll year we do recommend that you produce the Summary of Payments available through the EOFY Finalisation of the Payroll Reporting Centre. However, if you wish to have a payment summary produced this can be done through Command Centre>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries.

Note: You can only produce payment summaries for the current payroll year you are in and such you may have to restore a backup to produce those older payment summaries.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post