Provision for payroll tax showing up as a credit on balance sheet??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KT100
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Provision for payroll tax showing up as a credit on balance sheet??

Hello

I recently realised I have been recording payment of payroll tax as a liability in MYOB Accountright... but hadnt been putting in the expense record as well.

I have now adjusted accordingly.. but my balance on my balance sheet is showing this amount paid as a negative amount ??  surely it should just be showing what is owing??  and not as a negative amount?

Where am I going wrong??

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Provision for payroll tax showing up as a credit on balance sheet??

Hi @KT100 

Thanks for your post. The liability account on the Balance Sheet should show the unpaid amount for that liability, ie, what is currently posted to that account. Once the liability is paid, the liability account is reduced by that payment amount. If your liability account doesn't look right I would recommend running the General Ledger detail report, filtered by that account, and check the transactions that have been posted. 

You can also use Find Transactions>>Account tab to check the transactions allocated to specific accounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KT100
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Provision for payroll tax showing up as a credit on balance sheet??

Thanks Tracey 

Apparently payroll tax is only put in as an expense, to be paid.  The liability on the balance sheet is the provision for June , paid in July I am advised. But thank you, your advice is correct for most liabilities.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post