RDO accrual not reducing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Amberdiva
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

RDO accrual not reducing

Yesterday I paid out a week's worth of unused RDO's to an employee. The hours were paid out as 'RDO taken' which is the Wage item that is linked to the entitlement 'RDO accrual' therefore hours paid out as taken should reduce the accrued hours. I can't work out why it has not reduced his balance? Any ideas?

Note that this particular employee is no longer accruing RDO's. They are being paid out hours that they had accrued in the past. I notice the difference between this pay and others who are still accruing is that there is no blue tick next to the item on the payslip. Not sure if this helps?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: RDO accrual not reducing

Hi @Amberdiva 

One thing to check for this employee, is to go to the linked wage item and change the name by adding a 1 to the end of it. This will let you confirm that the payroll category is linked to the accrual, as on the accrual the linked wage category should now have a 1 on the end of its name.

If it didn’t, then this would indicate that the wage category used wasn’t the linked wage category and as such wouldn’t reduce the entitlement. Additionally the employee does need to have the entitlement linked to their card as well. If the entitlement wasn’t linked, then the linked payroll category would be treated as just a normal payroll category and wouldn’t reduce the entitlement

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Amberdiva
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: RDO accrual not reducing

Yes, the entitlement wasn't linked as the employee was no longer accruing RDO's, but still had an accumulation of hours from when he was accruing. Bit of an error with MYOB really. The solution was adding the entitlement back to their card, paying out the portion of hours, zero out the automatic accrual, then go back into the card after processing the pay and removing the entitlement again. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post