Re: By splitting the payroll transaction into the two payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User kazk
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi Steven,

I'm trying to work my way through this example as I have something very similar.

For our pay day on 30 Apr, we didn't have sufficient funds to pay everyone. One person was paid a portion of his salary on 30 Apr, and the remainder on 3 May. I went into our bank account and did an online transfer on 30/04 and 03/05 (I didn't use the "Prepare Electronic Payments" as I wasn't sure how to split it). I have tried doing what you suggested in your post - I've gone into the Employee card / Payment Details / Electronically Distribute Net Pay among 2 employee bank accounts, then entered the 2 amounts. I've deleted and then re-entered the payroll, but it still seems to be coming up with only one amount. Do I go into "Prepare Electronic Payments" after I've processed his payroll, even though I've made the payment manually?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @kazk

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I've just moved your post from the MYOB Essentials thread: By splitting the payroll transaction into the two payments as you do appear to be using AccountRight and would have a different process.

Within AccountRight, when payments are split via an employee's card they appear in the Prepare Electronic Payments window as one value. You tend to use this option if you are paying the employee the full amount but they have requested it be paid across into two different bank accounts.

In your case, you are making two payments to the employee across two different days and thus do require two different payment transactions. There are a variety of ways that this could be achieved my recommendation would be doing it the following way:

1. Go to Accounts>>Accounts Lists>Assets>>New and create a new bank account.
  2. Once that account has been created, go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Payroll Accounts and set the Bank Account for x Payments to be that new account.  I would be using Cash or Cheque as that option.
  3. You would then be able to process the relevant payroll transaction for that employee i.e. Payroll>>Process Payroll. On the Pay Employee window (Step 2: Employee Pays, select the arrow next to the employee's name), ensure that the Payment Method is set to the one for the newly created account. For example, if you have set the bank account as the Bank Account for Cash Payments, the Payment Method of that transaction does need to be Cash.
  4. After that transaction has been processed, you would do a Banking>>Spend Money transaction for the dates and amounts processed to the employee. The Pay from Account would be the required bank account and the allocation account would be that newly created account.

What the above process will do is process the relevant pay into holding account. Once in that holding account you can transfer the relevant amounts from that holding account to match the actual transactions recorded at the bank's end.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User kazk
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks very much, Steven. That worked perfectly, and actually makes sense to me! ;o)

superjo
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have similar problem but my employee has left and I have marked his card terminated.  I have processed his final pay but need to split it into two payments.  How can I do this when the employee doesn't show up?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post