Re: Long Service Leave Accrual Not Showing On Payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi Neil

I found this advice from you in community posts. Many thanks for the solution.

I also had this issue...

Accrued long service leave that was show  on payslips for Premier v 19, no longer show on Account Right after migration to 2019.3 last week.

Our workers subscribe to portable LSL often from several different states.

So, I don't do the accrual methods topping up every week.

It seems a shame that something as valuable as Long service leave stops showing on the payslip. This is a big deal for our workers. I think that if leave is not used for a year having the leave accrual disappear off your payslip is a terrible thing. Especially for young workers, all carried over leave MUST show on the payslip, it belongs to them. This should be honoured in the spirit of Fair Work conditions.

Could you please ask MYOB our our behalf to change this. Its shameful.

6 REPLIES 6
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @Helen_01 

Thanks for your post. I have moved this to a new thread to address your specific inquiry and to keep the old post from cluttering, you can refer to it here

As Neil mentioned in the old post, you should be able to display the LSL entitlement as long as you make use of the entitlement in the payroll year.  If there is no use of the entitlement in the year, and therefore stops showing on the payslip, it can still show up using the workaround he provided. This should not impact any other figures just pull through YTD and display the entitlement.  MYOB allows for this entitlement to be included in payslips and reported per Fair Work conditions.  

Since you mentioned migrating, the issue with it not showing up at the moment probably means you just need to check that the entitlement is still set up and linked to the employee's pay slip.  I'll link additional resources below for AccountRight live

Leave and Entitlements

Adjusting Leave Entitlements

Long Service Leave

I hope this clarifies, let me know if you need further information. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Hi Theresa

Thanks for your response.

All entitlements are set up correctly and linked.

I dont think that the MYOB work-around complies with the spirit of Fair Work. Particularly for younger workers. If workers have earned their leave, then they shoul have access to this information as it is theirs by right.

Out of the 7 affected, only one employee brought this to my attention. I work with card files not payslips. So, a report to generate this info would be a good idea.

MYOB seriously wants me to check payroll payslips for all the accruals for every year for every employee to re-establish them?

This is unworthy of MYOB. I will not report this as solved.

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Hi Theresa

I worked throught the LSL solution of recording 2 timesheets for LSL accruals to appera on payslips. 

While the timesheet does record the LSL taken, it still does not show the total YTD accruals on the payslip, it only shows the accrual for the week just processed.

I know this process worked well under MYOB Premier 19, as I have porcessed 3 lots of LSL prior to June 30th, 2019.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Helen_01 

You’re welcome, thank you for checking that the entitlements are linked and set up. You do not have to mark as solution, it's there to assist other users in their search with similar situations so is for the benefit of others. 

When you moved from classic to ARLive the accrual amounts should be there.  If there is a carryover amount in your employee’s card file then you can update the employees leave balance. You can do this by entering these hours they have against the long service leave category in the payrun. This will then display on the payslip. This is explained in article I linked above Long Service Leave, please review this for additional information.

To clarify your statement, “If workers have earned their leave, then they should have access to this information as it is theirs by right.”  That is correct and you are able to display this. Each state has different Long Service Leave rights, if you have questions about individual employee situations you can always verify using the provided calculators that the FairWork Ombudsman provides on the site, link included.

If you would like to use a report that displays entitlements please refer to the Entitlement Balance [Summary] Report in AccountRight. More information in Payroll reports

Let me know if you require further information. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Thanks Theresa

I did revise your articels on LSL.

I have found that in payroll categories>Entitlements>Long Service Leave Accrual that the file will not open today, but it did on Friday.

The annual leave and personal leave accruals open just fine.

How does one go about fixing this in an online environment.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @Helen_01 

Can you send a screenshot of what you are talking about? I need some clarification about whats happening here. 

Let me know how you're going with this. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post