Re: Payroll processing hours doubled

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Thanks Steven

For mentioning that std pay values reset when adding a value or category to the employee card which can result in double pays

However, Accountright seems much more sensitive than the old Premier 19. And you cannot change std hours worked to zero to aid the timesheet accuracy.

As it's payroll, is it worth a warning dialog box that pay calculations are changing? I cannot keep staff loans and weekly reimbursements out of payroll (on-off deductions are done external to payroll).

WIth all the added stutter and button pressing because of STP, general opinion is that  payroll on the cloud  is not very robust. I understand MYOB had no choice but am looking forward to mmore updates in this area. Can you recommned a more stable 3rd party payroll solution that also allows holidays to be set up like Xero?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Helen_01 

AccountRight 2019 allows the user to enter 0.00 hours for the Standard Pay for the Base Hourly category and other categories. This is similar to AccountRight Classic (v19).

I think, where the majority of clients get confused with the process is that the Hours per Pay Frequency field in the Standard Pay. This is a set field based on what you have selected in the Wages section. This doesn't actually serve a purpose in the window other than a number to which you could look at to see the number of hours the employee is deemed to have according to their card. You are more than welcome to update the Base Hourly (and other payroll category hours) in the grid. The grid amounts are what the employee is actually paid using the Process Payroll function.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Thanks for your answer Steven

As I did for MYOB Premier, I do enter 0.00 hours for the standard pay for base hour category.

Of course, when the employee had a pay rise, the std base hours would revert to 38 hrs and have to be reset.

With AccountRight 2019.3, it is similar but more sensitve, when I do a staff purchase, it has to be reset also.

Unfortunately , the timesheet function does not override these defaults but merely adds to them.

In AccountRight you cannot set the std hours an employee works to zero, which is more correct, but somehow, the whole process does not work well. The  STP build is probably fine for 20 staff or less with simple award structures but get cumbersome for anything bigger.

I am considering leaving Accountright 2019.3 (only been on it for 5 weeks) due to the design of the payroll function. I have had lots of feedback from many quarters that the payroll and slowness are the crux of the problem with AccountRight 2019.3 (this does not change much off-line which surprised me).

Its fine for a smaller payroll, but as soon as you get up in staff numbers or size of company it starts to struggle.

I would stay with Account Right if you suggest a third party basic timesheet app that ports in.

We have already taken all invoicing out of MYOB to a 3 party app for the last 5 years and it works well.

Really all that will be left is the journal entries.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post