Re: YTD Verification Report incorrect 2021-22

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ninthavenue
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same problem. Payroll activity and payroll register report match but my STP and gross wages dont match. have checked all payroll catergories and none of them are wrong. I have some employees amount that are different by 60k

Sam17
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jodie

I finally got through on the phone and was told to do another $0 payrun.

This did fix the problem.

Good luck

jodieL2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

So to do the $0 pay run what date do you put through

Tracy8
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same issue, and this is how I fixed it.  Remove the tick from "inactive" employees, delete their termination dates (make sure you save the changes) and run a zero pay run for 30/06/2022.  Everyting then matched up.  I think it was something to do with employees that were terminated prior to the introduction of STP2.  Hope this helps

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi everyone

To give a quick rundown of how STP works:

Payruns processed appear in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab and send the YTD amounts to the ATO. Each report overrides the previous one, this means that the ATO take the YTD amounts from the most recent report.

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports (both in EOFY finalisation tab) pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History and filter by the ATO reporting categories.

The Payroll actvity report gets it's data from pays processed in Process Payroll.

The Payroll register report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay History.

If the Payroll reports and YTD verification report don't match run the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports. This post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information.

If the Payroll activity and register reports are the same and you've moved to STP Phase 2, process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June. Wait until that report is accepted before you recheck the YTD verification report, it can take time to update the figures.

Terminated employees will need their termination dates removed and their cards made active before processing the $0 pay.

For ETP issues follow the instructions for your situation in this post: Incorrect ETP values

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sam17
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Put 30 June for all employees

SheliR
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

thanks

WAMercantile
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Having similar issues  - STP YTD totals different from Payroll Reports.

Both payroll reports (Activity Summary & Register Summary) matched 

Pays submitted to ATO all accepted except two rejected .

Reviewed payroll categories and were all correct

I noticed one employee's gross wages different (one pay was not recorded (missing amount-variance),

But when I checked previous STP reporting to ATO, both pay had a status accepted).

Yesterday, I switched to STP 2 and run the Payroll Reporting YTD verification report, the breakdown totals are out of whacked (allowances, salary sacrifices & unused leave). Now, got more problems

It's frustrating waited two hours then someone answer then they say transfer you to another person then put you back on hold (more waiting time) & then they lost your call. 

I am here looking for some answer

kptleo
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

terminated employees make sure the tax screen salary and wages is selected.

myobperson101
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I dont know if it helps but i have this problem also, i just finalised one of my terminated employees even though the reports didnt match and the verification report said she had $0 gross wages. I have now called her and asked her to check her mygov account to see if she has the right details from the ATO and yes she does however it says not tax ready yet, so she is going to keep checking and let me know if it does become tax ready. I just thought it is definately a positive if they are getting the right figures from the ATO

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post