Re: YTD Verification Report incorrect 2021-22

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sueb
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

I have had a similiar issue and I have run $0 pays as at 30.6.22, I added in terminated employees also and my STP Report and Payroll Summary still do not match. 

I did an in depth look at a Payroll register [Detail] report of each employee and saw that payroll categories that I had changed for STP P2 were not being picked up in the YTD "Total salary and wages as per payroll summary report". 

I then changed the affected ATO reporting categories all to Gross Payments and I can see now that each employee's total is correct on the EOFY YTD Verification Report, however, the overall total does not add up to the Gross Payments YTD figure at the top right hand side of the EOFY finalisation page -  the amount it is out by is the total Allowance - Award Transport Payments that is still allocated to the STP P2 category. 

MYOB helpline is basically uncontactable, I was on hold for 2.5 hours and my call got cut off without a resolution, called again, on holding again for another 2.5 hours before without getting through.

Happy to hear any other suggestions? 

MaxxMusic
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@sueb 

I have the same issue, but have narrowed the difference in total on the top right and the report down to one employee... MYOB couldn't tell me WHY, but said that if the individual amount was correct, then to finalise..

I haven't however finalised the one terminated employee who's ETP is not showing at all, even in their individual report!!

I had the same issues with the categories not appearing in the gross total, but if you open their report (Three dots next to their name) they will be listed and I was told by MYOB that it was correct tohave them NOT in gross payments (This was annual & Personal Leave for me).
I really do think they should include this in the listed total for each employee, as thankfully I have 66 casuals and only 8 FT/PT so I only had to manually add up 8 totals... Imagine haveing 100's of employees!!!! WHat a nightmare!!

mushie73
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Maxx Music 

Have you checked the payroll categories for that employee that isn't terminated have been allocated right?

I was on hold for 3 hours and 17 minutes and finally someone picked up.  He suggested that I make all my terminated employees ( I had close to 50 terminated employees!)  active again and take out their termination dates, make sure all the new STP2 payroll categories are all set up properly and then do a $0 pay for all employees.  After having to put in salary and wages (in the taxes area) in many of these terminated employees and find country of origin for some of these employees, I finally did the $0 pay for all employees and all the gross wages and PAYG were back in the the EOFY  Finalisation and it even finally matched the verification report!   Finally..now I have to go and make all nearly 50 employees inactive again and put in their termination dates....not happy MYOB!  You have created a huge headache a lot of extra work for many people! ...and not happy about being on hold for over 3 hours!  Good luck everyone!

MaxxMusic
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@mushie73 

Yes, they went through all of that with me today... They couldn't explain it either!!

Where do we put Country of origin? Haven't heard that mentioned yet?

But to top it off.. I just finalized everybody like they told me to and some the amounts changed!!!

So I have now unfinalized and sent another zero payrun and I'm leaving it until they call me back next week about the ETP Tax amounts not showing.

Not happy at all!! This whole process was supposed to make it easier!

John21
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Had the same issue with another software package that we moved to STP2. Our myob is still on STP1 so no issue yet. ATO is apparantly aware of the problems

Word of advice - reconcile the verification report monthly/quartely if you can as you can clean up errors before you face them at year end

GMM
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Good Luck Sam,

I've spent over 12 hours, over 3 days trying to talk to someone to rectify this problem. The Help Line is absolutely useless, I was promised 3 callbacks none of which happened. One girl admitted there is a glitch in the system which they try to overcome by this so called 0$ payrun, which also didn't work. There is going to be a massive complaint going to these clowns on Mondfay!!!!!!

mushie73
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@MaxxMusic 

I needed to put in Country of Origin for the Working Holiday Maker Visas in the taxes area. Most employees are Wages and Salaries and you don't need to put in anything else, but overseas employees with the working holiday visa, you have to put that choice instead and then it requests you put in their country of origin....it's a new thing with the  STP2.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @WAMercantile 

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports filter the YTD amounts according to the ATO reporting categories. This means that amounts that were previously included in Gross payments are now reported separately under their Phase 2 reporting category: What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports get the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History which means that there can be a difference between the pay run reports and the STP EOFY reports, depending on what has been changed since the pay was recorded. For example, a pay may have been recorded and declared so the report appears in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab. The pay is then reversed so the YTD amounts change but the pay run report will still appear in the Reports tab.

The post, EOFY FAQs and Resources 2022, has links to posts and Help Articles to assist with reconciling.

If you continue to have problems with this please let me know.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @SDB_18 

The post, EOFY FAQs and Resources 2022, has links to posts and Help Articles to assist with reconciling. If you continue to have problems please provide detailed information and I'll be happy to help further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @SuW 

If the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports don't match it does mean that a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay History. Payroll changes should only be processed through payroll to ensure all reporting is correct. 

To change the Pay History for the previous payroll year you will need to:

1. take a back up of the current online file
  2. restore a back up taken at 30 June
  3. correct the Pay History
  4. process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update STP
  5. process any adjustment pays, only if required
  6. restore the back up of the current online file

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support