Re: employees working variable hour each week

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ash_Rainer
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Firstly, apologies if this has been answered previously, but I don't seem to be able to find the right dialogue to find previous answers.

Our payroll has a mix of full timers and casual staff (this isn't a problem per sa).  Our casual staff have no set hours per week, their hours based on timesheets.  However, I can't enter zero 'Hours in Weekly Pay Period' for casual staff Cards.  So I put in 40 because this is our company's standard week.  However, this then puts 40 hrs automatically against 'Standard Pay' > 'Base Hourly'. Still not a problem ... yet.  I change the 40 to zero and save.  The problem begins when someone, anyone, modifies certain parts of the employee's card (not sure which parts): those 'particular' modifications then reset the Base Hourly hours back to 40, and no one has noticed because they weren't in, or modifying, 'Standard Pay'.  Now it's a problem. That employee didn't work 40 hrs, they may not have worked at all that week, but now they appear in 'Process Payroll' > 'Employee Pays' as earning 40 hrs.  So now imagine 90 employees, per week, and I don't notice that there's an extra employee in there being paid who shouldn't be. 

So my question: how do I stop MYOB automatically changing Standard Hours when someone modifies something in a Card to stop this happening?

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ash_Rainer 

In Short: You are unable to stop this, if there is a part of the Card changed this will cause a "refresh" which also resets the Standard Pay to it's Original Amounts.

This has been around since AccountRight Classic though I have seen some feedback cards with the Payroll Crew on changing the behaviour in the future.

At current the only thing to do is to double check the Standard Pay if there were any changes to the Card. Sorry I couldn't offer a solution to this one.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Ash_Rainer
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the fast reply Hayden!

rabybaylawns
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same problem but I go in after the process payroll before recording and manually change the hours worked section. Then record then print. 

Hope that helps.

Lee

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post