Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Re-instating a Terminated Employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Ross0512
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Ross0512
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Re-instating a Terminated Employee

Hi All

I have the siituation where an employee who resigned years ago (not in the same FY) has returned to work for us again. Do i just delete her temination date on her Card or do i need to set up a whole new card. I suspect address and super details would have changed as well.

Thanks

Ross

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4114Kudos

4591Solutions

Re: Re-instating a Terminated Employee

Hi @Ross0512

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope found it a wealth of knowledge

To reinstate an old employee you can go into that old employee's card and select to remove the termination date. I would recommend going through the process again to ensure that you have the correct and updated information based on their new contract. Additionally, it's also a good idea to go into the Standard section of the Payroll Details tab and select the "Reset to original amounts" - this will just ensure that there is a value in the Standard Pay so that the employee can be processed. It will probably happen automatically when you add in/update Wage information but it doesn't hurt to ensure that the information is there.

Alternatively, you are welcome to create a new card for that "new" employee. I would update the old card's name to have old in the name so that there is no confusion.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
2,000 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4528Posts

3269Kudos

717Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Ross0512

The ATO ruling is that if someone has been gone for more than 3 months then they are to be deemed a new employee, new TFN declaration etc. Within MYOB, if you are to reopen an old card you could finish up with a very strange employment history as the start date will be the original one.There is to from then to then and from etc..

It would be far better to open a new card and start afresh, I think that a full stop after the surname will differentiate old and new. If you lodge super using the MYOB system you may have to amend the old card so that there is not a clash of numbers.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Ross0512
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Ross0512
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven sounds liek it is easier for me to start up a new employee as a lot has changed.

Thanks and much appreciated

Ross0512
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Ross0512
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed Ron thanks for your advice thsi is what i will go with.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post