Recording Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ctcbd
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Recording Payroll

Hi,

I'd like to know - can I allow to record a Payrun on a day before a Payment date and how? Please explain in details.

For example:

Today is 8th Dec and I want to record a payrun for tomorrow payment. The week wages started from Monday 30th Nov and ended Sunday 6th Dec. The payment date is Wed 9th Dec.

When I tried to proceed by choosing the payment date of Dec 9th, there was a pop-up warning message,"A date you have entered is after the current date"

The question is if I ignored the message and proceed with Payroll, will it create any kind of errors or not?

If you could let me know asap as I am processing payroll .

Best regards,

@ctcbd 

1 REPLY 1
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Recording Payroll

Hi @ctcbd 

No it wont create any problems for you.  I have to do this every saturday when processing my clien'ts payrun because the pays arent processed until the next Friday.

When you go into prepare electronic payments you will also need to enter the future date and will also get a warning which you can okay.

Just be careful when uploading to the bank, as with the ANZ, even though bank account to come from and date are all in the ABA file, you still need to choose the correct account to come out of and the actual date to be paid.  

On Westpac, Commonwealth and NAB it gets all the info from the ABA file.  Not sure on some of the other banks.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post