Reducing full time employee hours

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shaz65
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reducing full time employee hours

We have a full time employee working 7.5 hours x 5 days = 37.5 hours/week. With the COVID situation he will be be reducing work days to 7.5 hours x 3 days = 22.5 hours/week.

How do I change this arrangement in MYOB including reduced entitlements for effectively 2 days per week of unpaid leave?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reducing full time employee hours

Hi @Shaz65 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear your business is one of the many impacted by COVID-19. There's a couple of options for recording your employee's reduction of hours:

1. create an unpaid leave category and pay those 2 days as leave without pay so that you can track the number of days taken: Leave without pay 
  2. change your employee to part-time. This help article will guide you through those steps: Changing an employee from full-time, part-time or casual 

If you haven't already, it may be worthwhile to check with fairwork about your obligations with regard to unpaid leave at this time.

Good luck and please do let us know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post