Replacing Super Linked account implication

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gracy
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Replacing Super Linked account implication

I have a question about the implication of replacing Super linked account. My supervisor wants the linked account for Salary Sacrifice is changed to different GL account.

My question is, how MYOB treats this changing?  In the current salary sacrifice account, there is still 1 month super that our company owe.  If I change the GL account for the next payroll run, (hence, the salary sacrifice will be using new GL account), what happened with the 1 month super  from previous period when we make the payment of it?  Will MYOB be debiting the old OR new Super account?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Replacing Super Linked account implication

HI @Gracy 

When you pay a superannuation contribution, either through the Pay Super or Pay Liabilities window, the accounts currently selected for that superannuation category will be impacted. So if a pay was recorded with one set of accounts selected, then these accounts were changed this would mean that the newly selected accounts would be used when the pay super transaction was recorded not when the payroll transaction itself was recorded.

As this will cause an imbalance you would need to use a journal entry or similar to correct the balances of the accounts. I recommend speaking with your accountant over how this journal entry should look

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Gracy
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts