Reporting STP to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LH2808
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reporting STP to ATO

I previously could report STP to ATO but as I re-copied my file from Classic to Account Right which obviously had to upgradge (which it did) I then loaded the last payroll 17.06.20 into Account Right but it didn't give me the option to send to the ATO as previously done.

I really dislike Account Right so have been using Classic for all our accounting and then loading payroll into Account Right purely to send to the ATO.  This has previously worked but as I missed a payrun decided to just reload Classic and upgrade assuming all would be fine.

Please advise what I need to do or have missed 

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reporting STP to ATO

Hi @LH2808 

When you move to the new version, you have to connect to the ATO again for STP purposes. Please also note that if you have reported any payrun from the classic software to the ATO, the ATO would have received the year to date (YTD) figures for each reported employee.

After changing the software, and connecting to ATO again,  a fresh copy of all of the YTD information is sent to the ATO and  thus duplicates the Employee’s payroll information in their myGov account.

To avoid this, the previous software needs to clear the previously sent YTD info for employees who will be paid in the new software ( before connecting to ATO on the new version), so everything can be reported correctly and only once. Please let me know if you have additional questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post