Reprinting Payslips with AR 2019.2.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reprinting Payslips with AR 2019.2.1

I tried printing payslips after the weekly payroll run. AR went unresponsive during the print with the green progress bar moving across the screen. I had to abort AR as it was unresponsive.

On restart, the print list had disappeared. I went to Advanced filters, unchecked the already printed box, put in the from and to dates (both 23/12/19), and hit enter to make sure that the filter data was accepted. I got the list back, checked the print box and asked it to print. Same thing happened - progress bar moving, AR unresponsive.

I deleted AR and rebooted the computer. On restart, if I set up the advanced filters as before, I got no records match your criteria screen. by entering from date as 16/12/19 and to date as 23/12/19 I get a list of payslips for 16/12/19 but nothing else.

Questions:

1. why did AR hang during a print spool?

2. Why can't I get the latest records to display?

I have experienced this type of issue before with the standalone version, and note that others in the community have also experienced the same problem, but there has been no solution posted that I can see.

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reprinting Payslips with AR 2019.2.1

Hi @BOTP 

There are a number of different reasons why a document has not printed or crashed with printing. Generally speaking, it would indicate that AccountRight has not been able to connect to the printer drivers. Third-party applications such as antivirus or firewall or automated backup programs and other applications are generally the cause of that. However, in saying that, from an AccountRight point of view, trying to print fewer records or trying to another printer may be a recommendation to have those transactions printed.

In terms of printing those transactions, for reporting and record purposes AccountRight will use the Pay on date, not the period. So I would recommend ensuring that the Advanced Filters search you are doing it based on the payment date of the transaction, not the period date.

In addition to that, the Print/Email Pay Slips window is based on the Pay Slip Delivery Status set on the transaction (opening the transaction >>bottom left). If Pay Slip Delivery Status is set to be To be Emailed, then the transaction will not appear in the To be Printed list. You would need to update the Invoice Delivery Status to be To be Printed so you can print the payslip.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven.

1. I only have one printer. It has worked in the past with AR to produce payslips (and everything else). Printer drivers are standard Brother and antivirus is Windows Defender. Both are bog standard. Is there an error log that I can access for AR? I am pretty certain that this problem is on the AR side, not on the W10 side.

2. I used the payment date not the period dates.

3. By hunting around the transation list for 23/12 I found the records, changed the delivery status and they now show up to be printed - this is a workaround at best.

So thank you for providing a workaround. But I think that we need to work out why AR hangs in the first place, since this is what caused the printing problem. And why the records do not show up when I apply the correct advanced filters. Maybe this is a date issue since the payment date was in advance of today's date?

Should I submit a bug report? If so how do I do this?

Regards

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @BOTP 

Various troubleshooting steps would need to be done for us to recognise this as a known issue with the software. Steps like reinstalling of the Microsoft .Net Framework and Microsoft SQL Server Compact on that computer, a reinstall of the product and printer drivers. Along, with an indication of whether it occurs all the time, with another printer/PDFprinter, within all company files and within the sample company file. By doing this we would be looking at eliminating factors on the computer and the environment to ascertain where exactly the problem does lie. For example, testing in the sample company file eliminates it being a file-specific error, testing another printer/PDF printer will give us an indication of the connection with that printer and AccountRight.

As to an error log, generally speaking, would have been generated and would have been located in the diagnostic folder - see more information in obtaining that file please see AccountRight Log Locations

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BOTP
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for the procedure for resetting AR in preparation to logging a bug report. I will do a controlled reinstall in the New Year. I am surprised that low level processes such as AV and printer drivers should affect this application. I would have thought that it would be written to an Application Interface and so not directly interact with underlying software.

I checked the log and found reference to Huxley error 19. this does not seem to be documented in the forum, although several users refer to it. Is there an error list available which might help me troubleshoot?

As far as the reprint issue is concerned, I will accept it as a solution although it seems to me to be a workaround.

Regards and Happy New Year.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post