Restarting an ex employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
csiheather
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Restarting an ex employee

Hello,

I have an employee (full time) who left our company in December 18 and is now restarting full time employment again next week.  When he left in December I paid out all of his owed annual leave.  My question is: Do I start a new card file for him or should I use his existing card file.  If I use his existing card how do I restart his personal leave from zero balance as this was not paid out to him and there is a balance on his card?

Thanks

Heather

4 REPLIES 4
Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

326Posts

118Kudos

49Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Restarting an ex employee

Hi Heather,

Entering a termination date usually clears any employee entitlements not paid out. Then delete termination date out again.

If this does not work then enter an adjustment pay to reduce the personal leave to zero before entering any new pays for this employee.

see support note: http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Adjusting+leave+entitlements#expand-Toadjustyeartodateleavebala...

It is easier to use the same employee card when re-hiring an employee so they only receive one payment summary or pay record with STP.

Julia Berkhout
MYOB Certified Consultant
Jewels Business Support
Roleystone Perth WA
csiheather
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Julia

csiheather
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

HI Julia,

Hoping you can assist with a question?  I have entered the termination date which was suppose to clear all leave entitlements.  On the last payslip when I paid out his annual leave the payslip show 0.00 balance in the YTD column.  The Entitlement Balance report is showing Hours from pays is 0.00 and a card balance is showing 254.78 hrs.  Now I have deleted the termination date and I entered a dummy pay to make sure it looked right however the YTD on his payslip is now showing a balance for annual leave and sick leave.  In the YTD column should the leave accrual hours start at 0.00?

Any assistance would be helpful!!

Thanks

Heather

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

326Posts

118Kudos

49Solutions

Hi,

The YTD will show current pay accrual amounts if it started at zero.

You should be able to change the amount on the card to zero now before you enter any new pays.

Hope this helps

Julia Berkhout
MYOB Certified Consultant
Jewels Business Support
Roleystone Perth WA

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post