Restricting User Access within Payroll and Employee Cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Restricting User Access within Payroll and Employee Cards

Dear MYOB Community

I run a fortnightly payroll for waged employees and a monthly payroll for salaried employees within the one file.

I am handing over the fortnightly payroll to my Assistant but Management are insistent that she cannot access any of the monthly employees' information for confidentiality reasons due to her clearance level. 

Therefore I need to restrict access in Employee Cards and all other areas where she would be able to see individual transactions relating to salaried employees.  The only solution I have come up with so far is to split Payroll into two individual files but the problem with that is that I still want to be able to combine these for end of month reporting, Payroll Tax, Super payments, payment summaries (EMPDUPE File), etc. 

If anyone has experience with this or any guidance, tips, etc. I would greatly appreciate your assistance please.

Many thanks

trickangel

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
4,552 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,552Posts

3,306Kudos

721Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Restricting User Access within Payroll and Employee Cards

@trickangel

Historically payroll used to use up heaps of space and would slow a file down so much that we often used a second file to maintain the payroll for some of our larger clients.

Because of the strictures that management has placed on you it would seem that you need to set up a new file for your fortnightly employees. That will mean bringing across all of the employee information and payroll history. The year to date can be brought across as one pay per person.

Having established and tested your new file you can procede to pay from that file.

You need to go to your existing file and create a new employee called Fortnightly Pay run or similar and make all of your current fortnightly staff Inactive. This staff member will have payroll and super but no entitlements

In the payroll file, at the end of your pay run you need to Print an Activity Summary. This will give you all of the figures that you need to pay the fornightly employee on your main file. If you wish to journal entitlements to your Balance Sheet then you will need to use your Entitlement Report to establish figures as per normal.

Because you are splitting the payroll at year end you will need to take the management figures /details and enter them into a specially created fortnightly file. Take a fortnightly backup and use it on your computer, run the Payment Summaries and Empdupe for the ATO and save a backup as Payment Summary file.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Restricting User Access within Payroll and Employee Cards

Hi Ron - WOW! Thank you for your response and great advice.  Greatly appreciated.  You are a wizz!  Cheers, trickangel

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post