Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Returned Salary Sacrifice paid by Pay Liabilities

Hi,

I have an employee who had superannuation salary sacfrices made into two different funds. One was set up via Pay Liabilites not Pay Superannuation which the employee has now closed. His last $100 payment was returned to us. The employee wants the $100 refunded in his next pay. How do I show the returned amount and refund it in his next pay?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,283Posts

318Kudos

447Solutions

Re: Returned Salary Sacrifice paid by Pay Liabilities

Hi @AlisonW

Thank you for your post. I would recommend following the steps on our help article Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments which has instructions on what to do when Super payments have been returned. As for the amount he would like returned to him, you could adjust his wage amount total by adding the additional $100.00.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AlisonW
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa,

Thank you but that doesn't really help in this situation as it was paid via Pay Liabilities not through Pay Superannuation. He is salary sacrificing to two seperate super accounts hence the Pay Liabilites for this one. 

Kind regards

Alison Wakefield

Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,283Posts

318Kudos

447Solutions

Hi @AlisonW

Apologies, if it has been paid via Pay Liabilities you will need to do the following:

1. Delete Pay liability for the original transaction, this can be found by going to payroll >  Transaction journal > Payroll tab (By deleting this, this puts the amount back into the pay liability window)
  2. Process the amount to a holding account
  3. Create a Spend money transaction from the bank account to the holding account for the amount paid
  4. Create a Receive money to the bank account from holding account (-100 in holding account)
  5. Process adjustment pay and other pays
  6. Process Pay liabilities to the holding account
  7. Create a Spend money from the bank account to holding account for amount actually paid (e.g. 250)

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post