Reversal Payroll and Electronic Payment - too many times

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
OzCombined
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversal Payroll and Electronic Payment - too many times

Hi 

I have made an error in processing a pay, using electronic payment.

I haven't paid to bank yet.

I went in to reverse pay and for some reason I accidently reversed it twice.

Therefore in Prepare Electronic Payments I have the original pay, and two CD transactions which are a negative value.

Not sure how to proceed now.

I also still need to process the pay again correctly.

I have attached a screen shot.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thank you in advance for any assisatance with this.

Have a great day.

Cheers 

kathy

6 REPLIES 6
OzCombined
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll errors can no longer be deleted.

Hi Steven

This has become quite an issue.

I have accidently reversed a pay twice [reversed a reversal] which means now I have not only my original pay showing in prepare electronic window, I also have two reversals showing in there too, which both have reported to ATO.

I understand that I will be able to have the original transaction and the reversal removed through normal process, but am going to end up with another negative transaction [a reversal that was reported to ATO] permanently sitting there in Prepare Electronics Window.

No one is able to tell me how to fix this. Becomes a very messy file for the accountant.

So frustrated with this update, and ATO interferring with how you keep your file.

Kind Regards

Kathy

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Payroll errors can no longer be deleted.

Hi @OzCombined 

I can't test it as I don't have a current one to reverse, but I think I got rid of mine by selecting the negative transaction on its own, clicking on the create bank file button and whatever the error message is that appears. Then just don't actualy save the file. I could be wrong as I'm running off the top of my head and have to work it out each time again when I have to do it. You'd think I'd think to write it down by now.

But yes, sooo annoying. I'm dreading all my end of financial year payroll checks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reversal Payroll and Electronic Payment - too many times

Hi @OzCombined 

The ideal solution to this situation would be:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Preferences>>Security.
  2. Ensure that Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed is disabled.
  3. Once you have checked those preferences, select one of the reversals so you have the Pay Employee on screen showing that reversal pay.
  4. Select Edit>>Delete Transaction.

The above process will clear one of the reversals so you would have a positive and negative which cancel each other out. You just want to tick those transactions and select to generate the Bank file this will process those transactions from the window to clear them. 

In some cases, the Edit menu will say Reverse Transaction. Should that be the case, you would be looking at reversing that reversal. Ensure that you have selected the reversal of the original to reverse, should be negative values in the Pay Employee window prior to reversal. This will generate a positive value to offset that negative i.e you would 2x positive and 2x negative and process them to clear them from the window. 

Once you have either deleted one of the reversals or reversed a reversal, you would be back to square one i.e. those transactions didn't occur so you would need to re-process the pays if needed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

OzCombined
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this. I had already ticked of the first  credit and debit for that pay and wiped it out, which left he one negative amount [which was the reverse of the reversal]

So I reversed that one and I noticed that it shows up in Transaction Journal.

Now I have four entries being both 2 negatives and 2 positives. So electronic payment window is now clear.

I had already processed the amount to the bank  therefore the amount is showing in bank feeds but I now don't have a transaction to match. I am guessing that I have to reprocess the pay now. Sorry  if this is a silly question.

I just want to ensure that all my figures are going to be correct when it comes to Payment Summary time and not have it showing that the employee was paid the same amount twice. If you know what I am trying to say.

I am just a book keeper working from home for our own business and not great at knowing what reports I can produce to double check this. 

Is there a report or somewhere I can double check this please.

Again thank you for your time on this. Also very happy to have it not showing in my Electronic payment window.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @OzCombined 

Great to hear that you have been able to clear those transactions.

Most likely, you'll need to re-process that pay. Based on the transactions you have recorded you have a positive and a negative which have cancelled each other out. So reprocessing the pay would be the way to go.

In terms of checking payroll reports in AccountRight with that of STP/Payroll reports - AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports? would be a good post to look into.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

OzCombined
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

HI Steven

Thank you, I will definitely look at that.

Have a great day.

Cheers

Kathy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post