Reversal of pay run

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ZervK
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversal of pay run

Hi

I totally forgot to change my award rate increase, and processed a payrun today. 

My transactions go to the Electronic Clearing account so I can upload the ABA file. Fortunately I hadn't processed the bank side of things. 

On reading your instructions for reversing out a pay, I have done all the individual reversals, however, now when going into my electronic clearing account, it shows the original and the reversal. How do I get rid of these to clear them out. As I don't want them to show each time I go to "Prepare Electronic Payments".

Separate issue - one of my reversals went through twice but it wont let me delete one, so now I have 1 positive and 2 negatives (yes, I'm having a terrible day!) how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

Kylie

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reversal of pay run

@ZervK 

Hi Kylie

Thanks for your post. To remove the original and reversal transactions from the Prepare Electronic Payments window tick both transactions and click on Bank File. When the Save As window opens click cancel as you don't need to create a bank file. This post, Reversals in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, has detailed instructions.

You can't reverse or delete a reversal transaction so you'll need to record the pay again as a positive transaction to clear out the incorrect reversal. Make sure it's exactly the same as the reversal, including accruals and super.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ZervK
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User