Reverse 6 months wages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Senses1980
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reverse 6 months wages

I incorrectly processed the directors dads weekly repayments as wages as that was what was done in the past. It was part of bulk electronic payments for all the staff. 

The weekly repayments where in fact a loan repayment for the father selling the business to his son. 

How do I reverse all pays since the beginning of financial year which have been reported through stp phase 2 without having to redo 6 months worth of wages again?

Essentially I need to reverse his pay and then allocate the payments to loan repayment account. 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Reverse 6 months wages

Hi @Senses1980 

Thanks for your post. To reverse pay transactions:

1. go to Find transactions>>Card tab>>select the employee and enter the date range
  2. click on the zoom arrow to open the pay transaction
  3. click on Edit in the top menu bar and click Reverse transaction
  4. Record

You'll need to do this for each of the pay transactions. Wait until all of the STP reports are accepted, then I'd suggest doing a $0 pay with payment date as the current date for that employee only to make sure the YTD amounts are back to $0.00 in STP. 

You will then need to go Prepare electronic payments, select the reversal transactions and click on Bank file to remove the reversals from that window. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post