Reversing a Pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversing a Pay

When processing a pay reversal when 'displayed advising it will be recorded as cash' and clicking YES to proceed I did NOT get the message 'Record and report pay reversal' for this pay to be reported to ATO for Single Touch Payroll. Why did this not come up as part of the process?

I was following the 'changing a recorded pay' instrustions on internet.

How do I fix the reporting to the ATO?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reversing a Pay

Hi @Narellecables

Thank you for your post. You can process a $0.00 payrun to update the year to date figures with the ATO, however I'm not sure why the reporting window did not appear for you. Can you please confirm the following:
  • Was the original payment reported to the ATO ?
  • Can you please confirm what the status of the report is within Payroll reporting ?
  • Can you please confirm which version of AccountRight you're running ? This can be check by going to help > About MYOB AccountRight. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Reversing a Pay

Hi Michelle.

Thank you for your reply, after reading I checked payroll reporting and realised the report when pay was originally processed had not been sent to the ATO. After I sent the report to the ATO I was able to reverse the pay and the 'record and report pay reversal' came up as part of the process. I have learnt that the payroll report must be sent to the ATO before any corrections can be done. I am using AccountRIght 2020.3.

Appreciate your reply as it pointed me in the right direction.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post