STP EOFY Finalisation is not reconciled with payslip record

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP EOFY Finalisation is not reconciled with payslip record

While preparing EOFY Finalisation and realised one of employee's Gross and withheld tax in EOFY is OVER the payroll process during the FY.  The report generated in Payroll> activity summary is correct, and checked the no of payruns are correct.  Seems EOFY has recorded 27 pays instead of 26 pays for this employee.  Unable and should not delete one payrun to match EOFY, otherwise the annual activity summary report will be incorrect.  Please advise. 

8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: STP EOFY Finalisation is not reconciled with payslip record

Hi @TAG 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll Reporting Centre will list all pay events and update events reported, including any pays that have been deleted in AccountRight and $0 pays. Therefore, the only time you would expect to see the same number of payslips as STP reports is if you have never deleted a pay or processed an adjustment pay.

STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report and each report overrides the previous one. So to reconcile payroll you would need to run the Activity summary, Register summary and YTD verification reports. The YTD amounts in all reports should reconcile.

These posts have detailed information on reconciling EOFY:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I tried all the steps you suggested still no luck....

1. Run payroll summary , the total match banking and general ledger.

2. Run payroll activity to ensure the categaory record correct, the employee with issue is correct 

3. Also run each payroll advice to ensure YTP for this issue employee is correct and still the STP is over by one extra payrun amount of gross pay and withheld tax for this particular staff.

This above issue occurred to a resigned employee and would this be matter.  

I believe we all agree this STP arrangement is completely failure and pre-mature procedures put in the real commercial world which is still a testing stage.  Please suggest if there is any other alternatives allow us manually overwrite the past to generate final report to ATO (such as Empdupe file)

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @TAG 

Are the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports the same? That's where you need to start to reconcile payroll.

The Activity report gets it's data from pays process through Process Payroll and filters by payroll categories.

The Register report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay History and filters by payroll categories.

The YTD verification report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay History and filters by the ATO reporting categories.

If the Activity and Register reports don't match for that employee, it means that a manual change has been made to their Pay History. You will need to go their employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History and change the Pay History back to what it should be. Then process a $0 pay with payment date 30 June to update the YTD verification report.

If the Activity and Register reports are the same you need to check the ATO reporting categories. Run the Payroll Actvity detail report for that employee. Then go to the Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) button for that employee and select Download. This will give you their Summary of payments, compare this with the Actvity detail report. You should be able to work out which payroll category is causing the issue.

AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for reply... I tried all the steps you suggested for this staff including:

1. Payroll Activity Summary

2. Payroll Register Summary

3. Payroll Activity detail report

All these 3 reports are consistent and shows the correct Wages, withheld tax and superannuation. 

Also checked Payroll Advices YTD is correct.

However,  the summary of payments generated from EOFY Finalisation is incorrect and this seems have one extra pay amounts added in EOFY amounts

This issue been unsolved for more than 2 weeks and this is urgent and already passed the due date to lodge.  Appreciate if any of your team can contact me to investigate this matter.  

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @TAG 

Can you please send me the following screenshots by private message:

• Payroll activity summary
  • Payroll register summary
  • YTD verification report
  • Summary of payments for that employee
  • Payroll Activity detail for that employee

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I have tried everything you suggested including checking ETP report for the staff and there is no details in the ETP report and none of these steps fix up this problem.

The issue not been resolved for more than 2 weeks,  and can't wait for any longer.   Could someone in support team to ring me instead.

TAG
Experienced Partner
27 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Tracey,

I didn't know there is phone line I can ring to get support directly. 

The above issue now been resolved

1. To remove the termination date for this staff

2. Process a new pay run by inserting 0 pay and submit to ATO again.

3. Disregard the ATO status shows as rejected 

4. Close Payroll reporting centre

5. Update termination date in employee record.

6. Run EOFY finalisation in payroll reporting centre

The EOFY finalisation Gross amount, tax withheld and super contribution now reconciled.  

Thanks for your support via community chat.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @TAG 

I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue, thanks for letting me know.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post