STP EOFY Finalisation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cathy15
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP EOFY Finalisation

Hi everyone

I know it is not yet time to finalise everything for the EOFY, trying to stay on top of things, as I only have 14 days from EOFY to have it done. Plus, it needs to be done so MYOB can roll over a new payroll year to do payroll in July. 

My question is how to reconcile STP lodged with ATO and reports from MYOB, and reconciling this to my wage expense accounts (which I have numerous). Before STP I knew the figures before sending to ATO, but now, how can I confirm what the ATO has, besides going through each individual payroll report? Does anyone know if/how you can get this information from ATO?

I look forward to any suggestions and thank you all in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Cathy15
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

STP End of Year Reconciliation

Hi everyone

I know it is not yet time to finalise everything for the EOFY, trying to stay on top of things, as I only have 14 days from EOFY to have it done. Plus, it needs to be done so MYOB can roll over a new payroll year to do payroll in July. 

My question is how to reconcile STP lodged with ATO and reports from MYOB, and reconciling this to my wage expense accounts (which I have numerous). Before STP I knew the figures before sending to ATO, but now, how can I confirm what the ATO has, besides going through each individual payroll report? Does anyone know if/how you can get this information from ATO?

I look forward to any suggestions and thank you all in advance.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: STP EOFY Finalisation

Hi @Cathy15 

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to be able to tell you that in the latest release of AccountRight, 2020.2, you don't need to roll over or close the payroll year. And you don't need to load tax tables. The software will do all this automatically. You will be able to make adjustments in the previous payroll year so the EOPY pressure should be relieved. You can find more information and details in this blog article, AccountRight 2020.2 is available.

When it comes to reconciling payroll in preparation for EOFY (good idea by the way), I would suggest running the Payroll Activity report, Payroll Register report and YTD verification report. All of these reports should show the same YTD amounts. It is the data in the YTD verification report that is sent to the ATO.

Unfortunately the ATO doesn't show YTD amounts in the Business Portal, so the only way to confirm the amounts they have is by getting employees to check their myGov accounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jenni21
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have done the reports in MYOB and the YTD Verification  report in Payroll Reporting and they don't add up.  Have found that the correct payroll has been sent to ATO and accepted but the Verification report is incorrect.  Also 3 employees in the EOFY finalisation are incorrect! How can this be fixed to avoid incorrect amounts going to the ATO when you finalise doe end of year?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jenni21 

If your Payroll Activity, Payroll Register and YTD verification reports don't match I recommend the following:

Do the Activity and Register reports match?

• If yes, this generally indicates that the issue is being caused by ATO reporting categories that have not been assigned correctly or by payroll categories that have exempted from PAYG Withholding in error. Run the Payroll Activity Detail report to narrow down which payroll categories are causing the problem. Then check the ATO reporting category and if it has been ticked exempt from PAYG (payroll categories>>open the category>>click on the Exempt button). Once you have corrected any errors, process a $0 pay to update STP.
  • If no, this generally indicates that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jenni21
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Yes this has helped fix the problem.  I also rang and spoke to customer service representative that was able to resolve this.

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post