STP Phase 2 Payroll category - Time in Lieu

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Anewbee
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

11Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Phase 2 Payroll category - Time in Lieu

Good Morning

Does anyone set up there Time in Lieu payroll cateogories as Time in Lieu - Earned and Time in Lieu - Taken? I have set it up this way as per myob instructions. TIL-Earned does not show a dollar value on the payslip, but TIL -Taken show the dollar value on the payslip. Does anyone know if the reporting category for STP - 2 for TIL -Earned should be not reportable? I have put TIL -Taken as Other paid leave according to ATO guidelines.

Thanks for your assistance in advance😊

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP Phase 2 Payroll category - Time in Lieu

Hi @Anewbee 

Thanks for your post. The Time in lieu - Earned payroll category accrues the hours owed to the employee. As the employee is not being paid for the accrued hours no dollar value is recorded. The Time in lieu - Taken payroll category is used when the employee takes time in lieu. As they are being paid for those time in lieu hours a dollar value is recorded.

We're not able to advise on the ATO reporting category to assign to payroll categories. You do need to follow the ATO guidelines for this: Reporting the amounts you have paid. If you're not sure about an ATO reporting category we do recommend checking with the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Anewbee
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

11Kudos

1Solutions

Re: STP Phase 2 Payroll category - Time in Lieu

Thank you Tracey for your helpful advice, its much appreciated!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post