STP Report did not Generate for Payroll Reversal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BenchCBS
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Report did not Generate for Payroll Reversal

I had to reverse a payroll because it was processed in MYOB on 1 Jan 2020 when it should have been 31 Dec 2019, (which meant I couldn't reconcile the bank account). The problem is that when the report went through to the ATO, it only shows the newly raised corrected payroll and not the reversed payroll. 

I have since seen on the forum, that apparently back in July MYOB had a problem with reporting on negative transactions?? I have done reversals previously and the reversals went through STP reporting fine, but has not on this one.

What can I do to correct the STP reporting which now shows two payrolls for the same period???

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Monkey95
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP Report did not Generate for Payroll Reversal

Hi Bench, 

I believe you do not worry about this issue. The ATO is concerned with the YTD figures that Individual runs. When you do the next pay the Info would be updated to ATO reflecting the correct values. 

Let's wait for the ADMIN to confirm this. Cheers! 

Also, If you have a screenshot of the reversal that was showing up from the past can you share them here for confirmation. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP Report did not Generate for Payroll Reversal

Hi @BenchCBS 

Thanks for your post.  The way STP reporting works is that only transactions recorded through Process Payroll are sent to the ATO.  As reversals aren't recorded through Process Payroll they won't be reported through STP.

However, as mentioned by @Monkey95 the ATO are only interested in the YTD amounts, which are corrected by the reversal.  This works the same if you delete a payrun, the payrun isn't deleted from the Payroll Reporting Centre or Business Portal but the YTD amounts are corrected when you send the next STP report.

You can check the YTD amounts are correct by going to the Payroll Reporting Centre and clicking on the ... button for the most recent report and select Download report.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post