STP Reporting for 2019/20

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Reporting for 2019/20

Just started STP fresh for the new Payroll Year and did my first payrun  with Payment on 1. July. I went through the process of activating STP, linking to the ATO etc and thought I had done everything correctly with STP showing up correctly when starting a payrun.

Today after the Payrun looking at the payroll centre to check on whether the reporting to the ATO has gone through I am unable to see anything.  (Nothing to see here !) and while the advice says it may take a few minutes to show up, it's now a few hours.

I also notice that the drop down menu only allows me to choose 2017/18 and 2018/2019 - since I only started with 2019/20 to use STP, when will this option be shown?

7 REPLIES 7
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP Reporting for 2019/20

Hi @TomD 

I am presuming because you have managed to enter a payroll for 1st July the payroll year is 2020 and you have loaded the 1 July 2019 tax tables.   

Not sure on the exact answer here however you state you did your first pay run for the 1st of July.   Given it is only the 29 June and you are forward dating the payroll therefore perhaps this is the issue?

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
aidai
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also have processed my pays as my staff are paid on the Monday.  It was stated in the EOFY payroll video, that if the pays fall in the next month of the financial year the 24-30 june 19 pay will be seen in the 19/20 payroll year as it is paid on the 1st July 19.

So if the STP reporting for 2019/20 is not showing as a selection in the payroll year drop down box. in Payroll reporting centre, where has the processed payrolls gone ?  

Every time I go one step forward, it takes me two steps back.  Frustrating to say the least.

aidai
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi TomD

I feel the pain and frustration.  I am in the same boat as you.  I finally get to this point as this was torcher yeaterday as there was an issue with MYOB connection and now I too can not see the report for payroll on the 1st July 2019 to submit to the ATO.

I hope we get an answer very soon.  

Aidai

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @TomD @aidai 

Thanks for your post. @CloudMindAcc  is correct that this could be due to date selection.  There have been some delays in information being sent to the ATO. Can you screenshot any error messages or screens so I can have a look at what is showing up on your end? 

In the event that you haven't updated to the compliance update 2019.2.1 I would recommend doing so to have the most up to date tax tables and compliance details.  See AccountRight 2019.2.1 is now available for more information. 

Let me know how its going.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks everyone for their responses. I am not in the office I do accounts, so can't check with MYOB but on the plus side I have received an email from the ATO today "Welcome to Single Touch Payroll" cpnfirming that they have received my first report. So while I will search for 2019/20 within MYOB tomorrow, at this point I am thinking 

it was just the date that had to tick over to the new FY for MYOB to be able to generate the relevant report or allow for the drop down selection.

vicki
Experienced User
48 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

48Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi TomD,

I am having the same problem with a payroll processed today, 3 July, in Payroll year 2019-20, and everything set up with ATO. etc.  It's been several hours now. Also no reply from MYOB as to why, or what I should do.  Maybe try at midnight when no-one else is?

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Vicki,

I had assumed that the processing prior to the 1 July caused the issues in my case, so I am not sure if something else is in play for you. However I did receive an email from the ATO about the successful submission, so hopefully you too will get this shortly. For me this email confirmation happened well before MYOB allowed me to drop down to 2019/20. Still, as this was my first STP maybe things are different, so I am not sure if you get the email confirmation each time or only the first time you lodge under STP.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post