STP - Sending Zero Pay Run to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EP
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP - Sending Zero Pay Run to ATO

I have an employee where the Gross Payment in ATO reports is different to gross amount on Payroll Activity report.  I prepared a Zero pay run, but it is not showing in the payroll reporting centre (so has not gone to ATO).  I have done that twice.  What am I doing wrong with that Zero pay run?

3 REPLIES 3
DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

73Kudos

17Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP - Sending Zero Pay Run to ATO

Hi @EP 

The ATO is very sluggish at the moment, so it may take a while for the reports to be processed. I did one this afternoon and it took over forty minutes to come through...

Regards,
Danny

NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

You "might" be experiencing sync issues? due to busy portals?.... I've been trying all day to correct some anomalies I found after closing the payroll year, and I also had to do a $0 payrun to push amendments through to the ATO after correcting my payroll categories.  It was very quick and simple, and looked as though it had gone neatly, but later when I went into the Payroll reporting Centre, on the summary window it showed $0 gross and $0 tax (happy) for all employees, but I did a random spot check on some lines, clicked on the ... next to some of the employees I was adjusting, and viewed the reports and they were perfect, but others had huge mistakes i.e. one showed he was getting a payment of $18,048!!!  I had already been sitting on hold to MYOB help for 3 hours at that point, and by chance someone answered.  While I explained this to her, I clicked away, and went back into one of my affected employees, and voila, the report had change and corrected itself.  It's as though these .pdf's are dynamic, even though that doesn't make sense to me, as the MYOB support person said those reports are generated by MYOB not ATO.   Anyway, maybe the MYOB and ATO STP portals are just very busy, and eventually it will all synchronise.   I have also after more than 3 hours just noticed that my $0 payrun has pushed through my required EOYFinalisation and it's correct!  I hope it works for you.  @Andrew_Y gave me the info I needed to do my $0 payrun which has solved my problems!  https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Final-figures-incorrect/m-p/591043/highli...

EP
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the replies folks - you were both correct - everything moving very slowly and it went through in the end.  Thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post