STP Sign in - cancelled

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

STP Sign in - cancelled

I had just selected Process Payroll this morning when I noticed that something needed to be changed so I cancelled before signing in for the STP reporting.  I thought if I went back in to Payroll it would come up advising that there was a payrun already in process - it didn't. I assumed then that I had to re-enter my payrun.  It has now doubled up the payrun. One has been sent to the ATO, the other is stating Unsent.  
Is there a way I can just remove that payrun or do I need to create a new payrun with negative values?

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: STP Sign in - cancelled

Hi @WMack,

Thanks for your post. 

In this case, because the pay run remains 'unsent' in STP, I would suggest deleting the original pay run to remove the double up, then processing a $0/update event for the affected employees to ensure the payroll data in STP matches the changes just made in your software. 

If you need any further assistance with this, please do let me know. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Sam

Thanks for your response, however I'd already tried to resolve myself by doing a negative payrun exactly the same as the Unsent one.  This seemed to work taking pays back to zero.  I then sent them to the ATO and created the payroll again.  All the payroll figures are correct for the month however I still have the incorrect payrun sitting in the Prepare Electronic Payments area and I'm not sure what to do next to remove that.  I can send you some files if you want to let me know how to send private message.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @WMack,

Thank you for letting me know. 

That incorrect pay run will still need to be recorded on your banking side of things so that the negative pay run you entered balances with the (incorrect) positive pay run. To get rid of that incorrect pay run sitting in the 'prepare electronic payments' window and record it in your software, you can download the ABA file and then discard/delete the download without uploading it to your banking portal.

If you had any further queries, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Sam

Thanks for that.

I have already run the Prepare Electronics payment and removed the .aba file however it still shows up in the Bank Reconciliation  which I imagine will need to have a journal entered to remove that - I'm just not sure which account/s for the journal

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post