STP - Termination payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP - Termination payment

Hi, I just processed two terminations and sent off STP reporting.  Only one appears on the report .... 

I use MYOB AccountRight online.

What shall I do now?

6 REPLIES 6
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: STP - Termination payment

Hi @MinEr916 

Just to clarify, in the Payroll Reporting Centre are you looking for the termination pays in the YTD verification report? Are you able to locate both pays under the Employment Terminations tab? 

In order to narrow down the cause, I'd suggest checking the following;

- Are the ETP payroll categories incorrectly exempted from PAYG? You can check that via Payroll > Payroll categories > Wage > drill into the category name > Exempt, a tick means it's exempted. If the category was incorrectly exempted, please correct the setting then process a d $0 pay to correct the YTD amounts in STP.

- The ETP wage categories need to have the correct ATO reporting categories assigned, and have the benefit type selected in the pay. I'd suggest verifying the correct ATO reporting categories are used, reverse the termination pay in question, the reprocess it on a different date (e.g. one day after). Please make sure the ETP benefit type is selected when processing pay, if there's no option to select, then change the ETP wage category from salary to hourly and try again.

- If the same wage categories were used in both pays and all the settings were done correctly, I'd still suggest reversing the pay in question then reprocess it, it shall refresh the records.

Please feel free to let us know how you go,

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@CloverQ wrote:

Hi @MinEr916 

Just to clarify, in the Payroll Reporting Centre are you looking for the termination pays in the YTD verification report? Are you able to locate both pays under the Employment Terminations tab? 

No.

refer 1st line entry in the attachment ... "employees" showed only 1, when there should be 2 in the run.

I had run a normal pay, STP reporting was ok.  Then I ran a separate payrun for terminations on two employees.  But only one employee had normal pay in the previous payrun, the other didn't.  The one who had normal pay appeared on the "termination" run in STP.

Any idea what might be the issue?

Thanks & regards,

Jillian

1.PNG
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MinEr916 

Thank you for the additional information. 

In this case, please remove the termination date from the Employment Terminations tab, then record a $0 pay for the employee in question and send the report in STP. Wait until the report is accepted, then go to the EOFY Finalisation tab > click on the ellipsis for that employee > download report and check if the amount is successfully reported. 

If this fails, I'd suggest reversing the termination pay of that employee alone, then re-process it on a different payment date (e.g. 1 day later). If there are any ETP components, please make sure a ETP benefit type is selected when processing the pay. For more details please follow this Help article: Record the final termination pay. Send the reprocessed pay to ATO to update the figures for this employee.

Please do let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Didn't try option one as employee didn't show up in list under 'employment terminations' tab.

Tried option 2, but had the following ...

"Your payroll report has not been sent to the ATO.

This payroll report only contains employees that have their employement status set to Other. The payroll information of these employees is not reported to the ATO."

Where do I find the setting of employment status?

Thanks & regards,

MinEr

MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

please ignore the 'employment status' bit ... found it ....  Smiley Very Happy