STP - URGENT HELP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KarenE
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Contributing Partner

8Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP - URGENT HELP

I am trying to process payroll using YTD figures so i can send to STP to ATO (retrospectively) however the Pay Employee thinks it's an ETP benefit.  How can I bypass this?? 

5 REPLIES 5
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Re: STP - URGENT HELP

Hi @KarenE 

Can you tell me exactly what you’re doing and how your using YTD figures?

Tracey

KarenE
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Contributing Partner

8Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I have collected all the payment amounts to date and am doing a payrun, calling it YTD (Got ICB advice on this).  I can't accept the first employee as it wants an ETP benefit Type.   There is still one payrun to go for the FY after teh YTD set up.

This client has STP on otehr Employees and been reporting since 1/7/18, however 9 employees processed offsite and never been set up.  We are trying to get STP done before 30.6.19 (client doesn't think we should gofor a deferral).

See attached

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Hi @KarenE 

In MYOB you don’t need to report YTD figures separately. STP sends the YTD figures with each payrun so when you do your first STP payrun (normal pays), the YTD figures are automatically updated with the ATO. 

If you are wanting to start STP before EOFY so you can just do the STP Finalisation and avoid payment summaries and empdupe file then you only need to do an update for any employees not paid through STP ie terminated or casuals.

To do an update for those employees, do a $0 pay (void paycheque) for them in the first STP payrun, this creates a pay event and updates their YTD figures with the ATO.

You can check that the YTD figures are correct by downloading the STP report in the Payroll Reporting Centre and matching it to your MYOB reports.

Hope this helps

Tracey

KarenE
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Contributing Partner

8Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Tracey,

Just so I'm clear (and I had a light bulb moment already).

If I process the FINAL payrun for the FY then all the figures go through to STP anyway (being the last pay it has all the YTD figures anyway) Is that correct? I't my first time with STP so I'm not sure how we get a report once lodged (yes, watched every video and still don't find the answer).

If it's allowed on here -can you call me 0418 587 450

thanks, Karen

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

hi @KarenE 

Yes just process your final pays and all YTD figures will be updated. In the Payroll Reporting Centre, click on the 3 dot button and select download report.

Good luck and you’re very welcome

Tracey

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post