STP Year to date reporting incorrect - ETPs

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Stins
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Year to date reporting incorrect - ETPs

Hi

I am using AR 2019.2

I am reconciling payroll reports for year end and notice that any employees that have had an ETP payment where I have had to amend (ie delete and redo a payroll) it is duplicating the entries.

For example:  One employee, I put the ETP tax under PAYG and vice versa.  I realised this after I had done the payroll and sent report to ATO.  I deleted the transaction and reentered it correctly.  When I checked the report sent to ATO the YTD amount was both the original ETP Tax and the new ETP Tax.  After looking up the forums, decided to send a nil transaction in the next pay for this employee and it then added the ETP tax again so now instead of showing as ETP payment $1106 and ETP tax $354 it shows ETP $3319 ($1106x3) and ETP tax $2372.00 ($1664+$354+$354).  This is not the only employee this has happened to.  It is the only one I have worked out exactly where the error is.

The payroll reports show ETP Payments to be $18,787.00 whereas the MYOB ATO YTD verification report shows the total as $47,674 so there are a lot more errors than I am aware of.  I have also run the payment summaries process like we have in prior years and the payment summaries are correct and balance back to other MYOB payroll reports and the general ledger.  

I have spoken to the ATO to find out if what they are receiving is different to what is being reported on MYOB but the person I spoke to could not answer it so they have escalated my call.  I will now have to go through all the employees that have left to see if I can find which ones have a discrepancy.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Were you able to correct it?  ATO advised that someone else had called about same issue but could not say if it was with MYOB software. 

Thank you

Catherine

**Moderator note: Post Subject has been edited for clarity (ETP)**

13 REPLIES 13
AnneCam
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP Year to date reporting incorrect

Hi Catherine

I have a similar issue in that today I  compared the STP generated totals and for  every employee they are

incorrect despite  all the pays showing as being accepted in the payroll reporting centre.  This makes my

whole payroll out by over $200,00 for the year. So bizarre.  My payment summaries balance to the payroll

register summary report so it is something to do with the transferring to ATO as your post suggests. Grr!

Stins
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Anne

I have just printed all the STP reports for terminated employee and each one has been reported more than once, some on different dates.  There are 11 ETP payments and all are incorrect and I didnt do a correction payroll on all of them as I think I would remember that.

This is sooo frustrating.

Jaffa28
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Catherine,

Yes I am having the same problem.  STP totals are incorrect and not balancing to the MYOB reports. My whole payroll is also out over $200k. My payment summaries are all balancing to the payroll register summary report. 

STP not showing Reportable Employer Super Contributions and not reducing the Gross but my payment summaries are all correct. I agree with Anne.....it is bizarre.

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Stins @AnneCam @Jaffa28 

I just saw this post by Steven which may help - ETP appearing as double

Good luck

Tracey

Danielle1122
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ive had the same issue and after spending 40 minutes on hold to the ATO was told this is an issue to be dealt with by MYOB and that I should be able to process an updated pay event as nil dated 30/06/19 and then send the report to ATO through payroll reporting. I was advised this should then rectify it and bring the YTD in line with my payroll actiivity summary but I have tried this and recording a NIL payroll dosent send a report to the ATO and therefore update the YTD on the STP. Ive now been on hold to MYOB for over an hour and getting extreemly stressed and fustrated!! This is just made worse by the fact that I have a new payroll to be done today which cant be until I roll over the payroll year meaning I cant even pay our employees today until this is fixed!

MLopes
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Heidi, I have this issue too! I tried running a NIL report but nothing comes up in the payroll reporting screen and it hasn't changed any figures... I have 480 employees and a discrepancy of close to $1m! 

Danielle1122
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have now been on hold with MYOB for 1 hour and 31 minutes!! its beyond a joke! and unfortunatley now because its after 5pm even if I do manage to speak to someone and get it resolved (doubtful) our employees payroll wont go through until tomorrow. ATO cant assist, MYOB online live chat dosent work and the wait time on the phones cant even be measured as there is only hold music not even advising a que, details or apologies... 

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @Danielle1122 

I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with finding a resolution to your issue.  I understand it can be a highly stressful time and not being able to find help can intensify that feeling.

May I ask that you please consider creating a new post on the forum boards (not within this thread) so that you can elaborate on the circumstances of your issue?  This will make it easier for others to respond to your individual concerns and clear up any confusing information that may arise that is not specific to your experiences.  It will also aid in confirming any steps you may need to take, or additional information without getting lost in communication.

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to the forums, and I hope that we will be able to assist you further once we understand more.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LisaMBA
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved yet, or if there is a fix?

Payment Summaries match Payroll reports, however STP reporting is $50k understated for two employees.  Not sure how to fix.

If there is a new thread, can you please link in.  

Thanks in advance

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post