Jennifer_S
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP issues - Non reportable Exempt Fringe Benefits

I'm having issues with the STP 2 reporting to ATO for exempt fringe benefits.

Since the transition to STP 2, i noticed that the exempt benefit got reported to ATO in the MYOB software even though the deductions for exempt benefit had been assigned as Not Reportable in the ATO Reporting Category. 

Previously, in the old STP reporting, it was not reported. I'm aware that it should not be reported. 

How can we fix this issue? Has anyone gone through the same situation? 

13 REPLIES 13
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP issues - Non reportable Exempt Fringe Benefits

Hi @Jennifer_S 

Welcome to the Community Forum. I can see from your account that you were able to speak to our inbound support team regarding this.

I trust that this query has been sorted.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Maryann_H
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

Just wondering if you had this sorted and if so, how please?  I have just discovered the same issue.

Jennifer_S
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It's now required by ATO that exempt fringe benefits be reported under STP 2.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Hi @Maryann_H

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a useful tool.

Our article Reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA) with Single Touch Payroll reporting will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this.

We do recommend confirming with your accountant or contact the ATO regarding ATO category based on your business set up and reporting needs.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MMZZ_2018
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

I've the same issue here where I need to report exempt benefits, from ATO website it says we need to report under SSA (Salary Sacrifice Arrangement), under salary code/type "O" - Other, but I don't know how to do this in MYOB, as the benefits need to be reported in the gross amount but not attracted to PAYG tax, so how do I report this in the EOFY final report? I can see there is a togle in the EOFY finalisation screen called 'Enable RFBA', can I report the exempt benefits in the Section 57A or where shall I report these figures? Any help would be great and thank you in advance.

image.png

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

60Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @MMZZ_2018 

Thank you for your post. 

You can set up salary sacrifice payments for employees who want to make additional superannuation contributions each pay. These payments are deducted from the employee's gross pay and will be on top of the compulsory superannuation contributions you make on your behalf. You can check our Help Article: Set up salary sacrifice superannuation, this includes more details and also includes the process that serves as your guide. 

You can also check this Help Article: Reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA) with single Touch Payroll Reporting

Let me know if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist. 

Are you satisfied with the response provided?

Thanks

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Maryann_H
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can I please have the phone number for the helpdesk helpline.  The number I have appears to be discconnected.  Still reporting incorrectly to ATO and need it urgently fixed.

KimT
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Some of our employees are entitled to Non Taxable fringe Benefits that were previously non reportable. 

I see on the payment summaries now that they appear as reportable...

I have set them up as - "Salary Sacrifice - other employee benefits" but they are appearing as RFB..

Is this correct?   Will it affect the employees Govt benefits eg: family benefit or child care? 

How do I fix it if its wrong...?   who can advise me? 

thanks Kim

SamaraC
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did you ever figure this one out? 

I am in the same position and need to have the exempt benefits amount deducted from the EOFY finalsation and the RFBT button does not do this with th ATO

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post