STP log into ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TMC-dme-2016
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP log into ATO

Hi, I'm on the phone to MYOB (3rd time) & after 2 hours still waiting for them to get back to me. Was told my internet explorer needed upgrading & problem would be solved. Called our IT company and was advised it was an error in MYOB as multiple options used without success. Message I get is "something went wrong at our end. Sorry about that you'll need to come back later and try again." I've tried so many times its not funny anymore! Has anyone got any advice. Would be appreciated. Regards Di
3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: STP log into ATO

Hi @TMC-dme-2016 

This error is commonly caused by Internet Explorer and network settings. 

If possible, I'd first try connecting the computer to a different network, such as mobile hotspot or WiFi. This is works then the issue is at the network level. Please also try on a different computer, if the file is stored on a server, please access the file locally (back it up then restore it to local library)

If the issue persists, please close AccountRight, then try the following steps. I understand that you may have already tried a few of these steps, please do still try them again/settings are already done accordingly:

1. Ensure Internet Explorer version is v9 or higher

2. Make Internet Explorer the default internet browser.

3. Add as trusted site:

- Right click on the error page > select properties

- Update the trusted site through IE options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Type: "https://*.myob.com" > Add

4. With v9 or higher, check the Internet Explorer settings, and enable access across domains. Please find the instructions in the FAQs section on this Help page - Connect to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll reporting

5. Flush the DNS cache

- Press the Windows Start key, in the search box, type cmd

- In the list of results, right click cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator.

- At the flashing cursor, type ipconfig/flushdns, press Enter

- A confirmation message should be displayed stating Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. If not, repeat steps 4 & 5 and ensure the command is typed correctly.

- Close the command prompt window

Please make sure AccountRight is closed during each step. You can restart AccountRight after each step to check if it's working, or complete all steps then try again. Please do let us know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB_User1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am also having this problem.  Followed all of these steps and still doesn't work

Incredibly frustrating and shouldn't be such a big issue to fix.  

I have not had any trouble with any other accounting software with the STP compliance and finalisation 

TMC-dme-2016
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi all & thanks for your comments. Finally spoke with a lovely lady at MYOB and she worked me through the internet issues on my computer. All now working and ready for STP! Regards Di

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post