STP quarterly reporting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
accountfit
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP quarterly reporting

This week I attended an ATO forum and was informed that Micro Employers will be able to report their wages quarterly for STP.

How will MYOB be accomodating this process so that only the total wage figures for each quarter can be uploaded to the ATO and the wages are not uploaded each payroll process?

Many thanks for your assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

277Kudos

231Solutions

Re: STP quarterly reporting

Hi @accountfit 

Hope you enjoyed the ATO Forum. I attended an ATO STP Workshop this week as well.

The figures that are reported to the ATO each payevent are the year to date totals, not the individual payevent totals. So if you only report,quarterly, then the quarterly report will include all the amounts.

However, the quarterly exemption is intended for micro employees who don't have software, or internet. If you have software that can report each payevent, I would recommend doing so. If you plan to only report quarterly, you should check with the ATO that the quarterly exemption will apply if you have software that is STP enabled. 

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

accountfit
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Ian,

Sorry for late response

In regards to your comments below - for a client to report quarterly they have to have STP compliant software.

so I don't understand why they would be forced to report more regularly than quarterly if they don't have to.

I hope you understand where I am coming from.

cheers

Mare

TraceyE
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

9Posts

1Kudos

4Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Mare

I believe the distinguish is between payroll software and STP reporting software. 

STP enabled payroll software can do both the pays and report to the ATO. If a client uses this type of software and has employees (other than closely held employees) then they would not be reporting quarterly.

Clients without payroll software must use STP reporting software to send their data to the ATO. There is STP software available that doesn't prepare the pays, it just sends your data (quarterly totals or weekly etc) to the ATO.

I'm sure you have already figured this out by now but thought I'd post anyway Smiley Happy

Tracey

accountfit
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey.

Actually thanks for advising on the STP reporting only software - I was unaware of this.

Maree

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post