Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP summary of payments report not matching activity summary MYOB report

Hi!

I have completed two reports, the STP summary of payments report and the MYOB payroll activity summary report. I have found that there are inconsistencies with three of our employees. My MYOB report (payroll activity summary) is showing that the selected three employees laundry allowance, gross pay, PAYGWithholding, and super has been paid a higher amount than what has been reported to the ATO in the STP summary of payments. 

When I do a STP year-to-date verification report and compare it with a MYOB payroll summary report, the inconsistencies are the same as above. 

Could someone please help me with a solution to this? I would like everything to match so there are no inconsistencies between the two reports. 

Thank you!!

Maddie 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,818 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,818Posts

460Kudos

433Solutions

Re: STP summary of payments report not matching activity summary MYOB report

Hi @Maddie1 

Thanks for your post. A good place to start when reconciling payroll is to run the Payroll Activity summary report, Payroll Register summary report and the YTD verification report. The Payroll Activity report gets it's information from the pays processed through Process Payroll. The Payroll Register gets it's information from the Pay History tab in the employee card. The YTD verification report gets it's figures from the Pay History tab and filters by the ATO reporting categories.

If the Activity and Register reports aren't the same it means that a manual change has been made to the Pay History tab in the employee card. To fix this you would need to change the history back to what it was and make any necessary changes through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

If the Activity and Register reports are the same and the YTD verification is different, check the ATO reporting categories that have been assigned to the payroll categories are correct. 

You can also try processing a $0 pay with today as the payment date to push the current YTD amounts through to the YTD verification report. Each STP report overrides the previous one, so if you send an old or out of date sequence STP report those YTD amounts override previously reported amounts. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post