STP - unused annual leave/LSL - terminated employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP - unused annual leave/LSL - terminated employee

Hi Folks

This is confusing

I have read so many posts/websites/etc - and all the MYOBs posts - but am confused.

We terminated an employee 1 July 21 - and I am clear on the taxable components of the termination pay.

The last pay cheque went through into this financial year - and included unused annual leave and accrued LSL - these being taxed at the marginal rate. THat is not the question.

The ATO specifies that for termination - any unused annual leave/LSL are classified as Lump sum A - termination.

No problem - however - finalising STP for this terminated staff member - the YTD which is only for 1 Jul (which did include a small amount of leave before being terminated - hence legitimate Gross payment - is only showing this Gross Payment amount in the STP portal and the large amount of marginal tax on the legitimate leave, and unused annual leave and LSL but the lump sum A are not showing in the protal.

i.e. $1800 gross for legitimate leave - is showing - the lump sum of unused leave (annual/LSL) $9000 (isn't showing as this is selected to Lump Sum A  -termination in MYOB) and the total PAYG on all of this $4500 is showing.

So what is showing looks very skewed.

Is this correct - or should this all be under Gross Payments - then termination Lump Sum doesn't get reported.

The Doc

2 REPLIES 2
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: STP - unused annual leave/LSL - terminated employee

Hi All

Further investigation in STP - and looking at all the reports therein shows all the Lump Sum A, ETP etc are reported to the ATO - just not showing in the finalisation screen.

If anyone has some pearls of wisdom to add - if I have done this incorrectly please fell free to suggest changes - payroll is not easy when it comes to dismissing a staff member.

The Doc

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP - unused annual leave/LSL - terminated employee

Hi @The_Doc 

We generally see the ETP missing from the YTD verification report if the termination payment has been reversed and reprocessed. In this case, you'll need to reverse the termination payment and reprocess on a different date. Also in the Employment Terminations tab>>click on the ellipsis>>view ETP transactions remove the incorrect ETP payments. 

If this doesn't solve the problem, our developers are working on resolving the issue of ETPs missing from the YTD verification report as a high priority.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post