STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
North
Trusted Cover User
70 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

70Posts

4Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP

Hi

We recorded an incorrect pay for an employee (an overpayment of $385) and the amount was reported to the ATO. 

We then reversed the whole incorrect pay out of MYOB and did a replacement pay. The replacement pay has been reported to the ATO and I assumed the reversal would be reported at the same time but the pay reversal was not reported.

How do we correct this?

4 REPLIES 4
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP

Hello,

With the STP module, the MYOB program only sends the Year to Date (YTD) values of the employee to the ATO.

Hence, the next pay you lodge with the ATO with include the reversal affect on the YTD values of the ATO.

(Please note: If you don't have any more pays to record for that employee for this payroll year, you are best to record a 0 dollar pay transaction and lodge that with the ATO to replenish the YTD values with the ATO, more information available on this in the article below, under the FAQs section: http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Terminate+an+employee+in+Single+Touch+Payroll+reporting#expand-...

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
sholt73
Super User
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

176Kudos

46Solutions

my understanding is that myob sends the Period-To-Date information of the current pay event you just did, and also sends the Year-To-Date information from the software for the ATO to look into come year-end.

the ATO's business portal only shows Period-To-Date based information and not the Year-To-Date information, this can mean the business portal can show differing figures to what the ATO actually use for the Employee's payment summary data.

North
Trusted Cover User
70 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

70Posts

4Kudos

4Solutions

Weird but correct. The negative pay was included in the next pay event!

DavidCM
Partner
29 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

29Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Ali,
I talked to you yesterday and you sent me a link about overpayment that referred to STP. However the overpayment only related to gross wages, whereas my issue was the STP figure was wrong on the finalisation report.
BUT something in your post made me think about processing a zero value pay run. I did reverse his termination in both MYOB card and STP first.
It worked! The YTD STP figure was then correct = payroll register.
Then I terminated him again on the employee card and STP and was able to finalise STP.
This may help others.
Thanks Ali

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post