STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suevalakiv
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP

My general ledger and YTD reports through Payroll Reporting balance for Gross payments, PAYG and Superannuation, however when I export the CSV file on my BAS Agent Portal, under STP reporting, the totals on the ATO are different. This would be as a result when I have corrected pays previously.  These were corrected straight away when I processed the pays and filed with the ATO. 

Do I need to process anything else or will the ATO automatically update when I finalise my STP for the year?

Thanks Sue

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP

Hello @Suevalakiv 

If you have made a mistake on previous pays and then corrected them, as you mentioned, the MYOB software will update the applicable totals and things will look great. However, as you have discovered, the totals in your BAS Agent Portal may still be different. 

As the BAS Agent Portal receives pay information throughout the year, that would include those incorrect pays. That also includes the corrected versions passed through. Simply put, no pay information can be "deleted" from here. So if you had processed some corrected pays, that would leave what looks like discrepancies in the BAS Portal at the end of the financial year. That said, although this information still exists in the BAS Portal, the ATO will not refer to these details, only the YTD totals. 

Rest assured that because you corrected previous pays, the YTD totals were subsequently corrected, and the ATO is up to date. To answer your question, you do not need to process anything else. However, you can always check your YTD Verification Report in the software - this is where things should balance. 

For further assurance, you can have your employees check their my.gov accounts, and their individual YTD totals should match what you see in the MYOB software as well. 

I hope this answers your question, and please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Suevalakiv
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions