SUPER ON LEAVE LOADING

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
StArnaud
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

SUPER ON LEAVE LOADING

How do I get MYOB to include Leave Loading in its Superannuation calculations?

After ATO clarified its position on Super and Annual Leave Loading.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: SUPER ON LEAVE LOADING

Hi @StArnaud 

Superannuation calculations are primarily based on the calculation basis on the superannuation payroll category. This can be seen via Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation>>Select the desired payroll category and Calculation Basis.

If that Calculation Basis is set to be Equals x Percentage of Gross Wages, the user would be able to select the  Exempt button (top of the window). Any categories that are ticked in this window that would NOT be included in the calculation. So if you are needing "Overtime" to be included you would need to ensure that "Overtime" is NOT ticked in that Exempt list, this will ensure its inclusion in the calculation basis.

Note: You may find that the Calculation Basis be set to be Equals x Percentage of a particular category i.e. Base Hourly or Base Salary. If that is the case and you need to include another category in the calculations, you want to set the calculation basis to based on Gross Wages before ticking all the categories that are NOT required to be included in that Exempt list.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

StArnaud
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: SUPER ON LEAVE LOADING

Hi Steven, Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply...  regards, Wendy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post