Salary Deduction not showing when doing bank reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ness2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary Deduction not showing when doing bank reconciliation

Please help, I have a problem with the setting up of salary deduction for employee in July.

The Payslip shows the Base Salary dollars amount  (#6-4000 Wages & Salaries Account) and Salary Deduction Dollars amount ( #2-1488 Salary Deduction E1) correctly AND this is also shown on STP reporting sent to ATO, HOWEVER when I go to reconcile July accounts, only the Base Salary dollars shows up in the list of transactions, not the Salary Deduction amount.

I know I can manually enter this amount in, but how can I set it up  so it automatically shows up in bank reconciliation list of transactions.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Salary Deduction not showing when doing bank reconciliation

Hi @Ness2 

Thanks for your post.  If you are reconciling the bank account only the net amount of the pay will appear in the Reconcile Accounts window as that is the amount allocated to the bank account. If you go to Transaction Journal>>Payroll tab and find the pay transaction you will be able to see the amounts allocated to each account.

In this example the bank account is the Payroll Cheque Account:

1. pay transaction

ness2.PNG

2. transaction journal

ness1.PNG

3. Reconcile Accounts window

ness3.PNG

If I have misunderstood your question or you need further help please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post