Salary Sacrifice Arrangement that has come into affect 01 January 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JW27
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary Sacrifice Arrangement that has come into affect 01 January 2020

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could let me know how I would enter these details in MYOB for those who wish to Salary Sacrifice certain amount into their Super fund in the new Salary Sacrifice Arrangement.

How would I adjust it in MYOB to reflect the way we report the amount to be Salary Sacrificed.

MYOB is already set up previously for these employees ATO has advised it has now changed how we process it.

eg Sue receives $550 gross amount which 9.5%  of super is paid = $52.25 (13wks x $52.25 = $679.25 per quarter )

She wishes to Salary Sacrifice $50 each week. (13Wks x $50 = $650.00 per quarter)

In MYOB it is set up

Base Salary x 9.5% = $52.25

Salary Sacrificing is -$50.00. 

The amount of $50.00 is deducted from the base salary of $550 and taxed at a lower rate.

It is only picked up when when I run the Superannuation report when I do the quartley payments to the funds.

It has now changed to a different processsing and if someone can give me the right direction how to input it in MYOB for reporting and payment, what do I need to do?

As it started in January the pays have already processed into the system with Single One Touch but how would I rectify it to reflect the new reporting as the March payment is due next month.

Many thanks

J

My understanding is that the employee needs to advise and agree that an amount will be deducted from their pay. 

Any help of understanding this will be much appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Salary Sacrifice Arrangement that has come into affect 01 January 2020

Hi @JW27 

Just to confirm, is $550 the gross amount Sue would receive before she salary sacrifices? If so, the current set up you mentioned in AccountRight sounds correct to me. 

As my understanding of according to this ATO page, from 1/1/2020 the Superannuation Guarantee amount needs to be calculated based on the gross earning amount before salary sacrifice. Provided that the Superannuation Guarantee and the Salary Sacrifice payroll categories were set up according to these guides, the current version of AccountRight is already calculating Superannuation Guarantee based on the gross before salary sacrifice. This is a dummy pay run using v2020.1:

image.png

Is AccountRight calculating superannuation guarantee based on $500 instead of $550 for you?

If you do need to correct any incorrect super recorded, I'd suggest following this online Help article - Checking and adjusting superannuation. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JW27
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice Arrangement that has come into affect 01 January 2020

Thanks Clover for the information and yes the Gross amount is $550 and the 9.5% is based on the Gross amount.

I am glad that this process was correct.  Thank you again.

J

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post