Salary Sacrifice - Reportable or Not Reportable - HELP!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

77Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary Sacrifice - Reportable or Not Reportable - HELP!

Hi,

I have read a lot of info on salary sacrifice and now I'm confused after I was sure I had it right.

We have an employee who has asked for an amount to be salary sacrificed to his super weekly. I have set it up as "Not Reportable" and done this week's pay already and sent to the ATO.  Now I'm not sure. Can someone please advise what category I should have assigned to the salary sacrifice.

Thank you in advance.

Wendy

4 REPLIES 4
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice - Reportable or Not Reportable - HELP!

Hello @Wendy2018 ,

Once you have setup Super salary Sacrifice as per the instructions below:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/k4KO

Under Payroll > Payroll Categories > Superannuation > *once you have opened the super salary sacrifice category* > It should only give you an option for 'Reportable Employer Super contribution' (RESC) as the ATO Reporting Category. This is the correct ATO reporting category. When running STP lodgement amounts with the ATO, it will automatically allow you to deduct salary sacrifice from your gross payment amount as well as show the amount under the RESC field.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
sal sac.PNG
Mimie
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Is this a superannuation salary sacrifice? if that's the case, you need to set this up not as a deduction but under superannuation and choose the category RESC.

I

Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

77Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you so much for your detailed reply Ali, much appreciated. However, what can I do about the incorrect payroll I sent to the ATO this morning, as I had salary sacrifice as not reportable. Can I retrieve it and re-do or something?

Thank you

Wendy

AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

My apologies Wendy for missing that part of the question.

once you have fixed up your Super Salary Sacrifice Category as per my last post. You can do a Nill Pay/ a 0 dollar pay for this employee as at today's date. This will resubmit the YTD values against all Payroll categories used for that employee to the ATO. (This time it will also report any previously missed salary sacrifice amounts to the ATO).

Alternatively, once you record subsequent pays for this financial year, for that employee, any previous pays can be ignored (as with every lodgement, MYOB will only send the YTD values to the ATO, so any previous nill YTD values for that payroll category will be updated by your next lot of pays)

For more information, please see the FAQs section called "What gets sent to the ATO?" in the article below:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/rLI6Ag

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post