Salary sacrifice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary sacrifice

Hi, I am trying to allocate 2 employees with 2 different amounts of salary sacrifice as 2 separate set amounts per week. No matter that I tick user User - Entered amount per pay period it keeps changing the other employee amount to the one I'm changing and vis versa. They are not allocating as 2 seperate amounts. How do I fix this please.

I have ticked the salary sacrifice tab for the 2 employees, and the User- entered amount but it won't keep the 2 separate deductions. They are both set amounts not a percentage.

Jenny

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Salary sacrifice

Hi @Sleeper1 

Payroll Categories are applied to all employees that have been linked to that category. For example, if you have two employees linked to a category, the calculation basis would apply two both employees. If you have two employees that need to have a different calculation basis for a payroll category i.e. two different amounts you would be looking at having 2 different payroll categories set up for them, one linked to each employee. Help Article: Superannuation outlines the setting up on another superannuation payroll category if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen,

I tried to set up a new category, but I couldn't the same categories to come up to replicate the default Salary Sacrifice already in MYOB.

EG. ATO Reporting Category: Reportable Employee Super Contributions. Which is under the 2-1410 Payroll Accruals Payable.

Realistically there will never be the same salary sacrifice amount for 2 employees (unless it's a fluke).

Surely the tab that says User - Entered Amount per Pay Period should default to the employee selected and not default to everyone who nominates a Salary Sacrifce so I don't have to set up a duplicate Catergory for each employee, not that I have been able to do this yet.

Is there a way to duplicate the Salary Sacrifice deduction catergory so it is reportable to the ATO.

Jenny

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sleeper1 

There is no direct way to duplicate a payroll category. However, you would be able to go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation and review the category you want to duplicate. Once that has been reviewed, you would select New and enter the same information as the other category.

The other option rather than duplicating the category and does only work if the employees are sacrificing the same amount each pay (could be a different amount per employee linked) is:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation
  2. Select that desired category
  3. Ensure the Calculation basis to be User-entered amount per pay
  4. Select Ok
  5. Navigate to the employee's card - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Employee>>Select the employee
  6. Select Payroll Details
  7. Select Standard Pay
  8. Enter the amount that the employee wishes to deduct as a negative in the Amount column for that salary sacrifice category
  9. Select OK

Adding that amount to the Standard pay will ensure that it does appear per pay for that employee. It can, of course, be overridden on a per-pay basis, if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Stephen,

Yes the second way works. Phew. 

Thank you.

The first way doesn't work as you can't get the same link to the ATO.

Jenny

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post