Same Employee - Paid by different "companies"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KDBA
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Same Employee - Paid by different "companies"

I have a number of employees that are employed by different "companies" that are part of the same Company File (they share the same ABN).

When I go to pay Jane Smith's Super paid by Company A it won't allow me to do so because her Super Membership number is the same as Jane Smith who is also hired by Company B.  Each employee should have a different membership number but this is not the case.

Is there a work around?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Same Employee - Paid by different "companies"

Hi @KDBA 

When using the Pay Super system, part of the verification process is to ensure that each employee against a superannuation fund has a unique membership number. As this is a hardcoded check there is no way around this, save for ensuring each employee has a unique membership number for their superannuation fund.

Generally speaking, each company file should only contain one company. Running multiple companies in the one file can cause a number of problems, including verification of superannuation contributions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

Re: Same Employee - Paid by different "companies"

Hi @KDBA 

As the "companies" share the same ABN then as far as the ATO is concerned, the employees are registered under that ABN, not each "company", so there should only be one employee record.

To split the "companies", I think you'd need to use some combination of categories and/or jobs which would allow the financials to be reported separately, but that's probably not something that could be done at this stage of the financial year...

Cheers,
Danny

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post