Self Managed super fund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RoseJM
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Self Managed super fund

I am trying to enter a new staff member with a SMSF but it doesn't want to work.  When I enter the ABN the fund name is meant to come up automatically, but it doesn't.  What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it, or do I just make a BPay every month instead?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Self Managed super fund

Hi @RoseJM

When entering a SMSF in the Lists >> Superannuation Funds window, the type needs to be changed to Self Managed and not APRA Regulated fund. If the superfund being entered has a type of Self Managed, then as long as the ABN number is registered as a self managed fund the name of the fund should appear. If it didn’t then that could indicate that the ABN number is incorrect or that it is not registered as a self managed fund.

It might be worth double checking with the employee or the ATO over whether the ABN number they have given you is correct and registered for a self managed fund

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RoseJM
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Self Managed super fund

Thanks for this Neil.  In fact the problem was my computer was having a hissy fit.  I don't think it was enjoying the heat in Adelaide yesterday, so I hate to think what might happen today in 45 deg heat.  When I deleted the first entry and started again, the screen came up with diferent drop-down boxes which made a big difference.  So all fixed thank you. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post