Setting Up Sick Pay and Sick Leave Accrual Info and transferring 'personal leave balances' to Sick Leave Accrual

Nonabel
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Setting Up Sick Pay and Sick Leave Accrual Info and transferring 'personal leave balances' to Sick Leave Accrual

Hi,

I think our company setup the Payroll categories incorrectly by:

(1) Using 'Personal Leave' accruals instead of 'Sick Leave Accrual'

(2) Not creating Sick Pay and Sick Leave Accrual entitlements in the payroll categories.

To setup sick pay and sick leave accruals, would we need to create two categories (1) Sick Pay - in 'Wages' Tab and (2) Sick Leave Accrual - in 'Entitlements' Tab?

I did this, and I want to ensure that the setup is correct: see attached pictures.

For Sick Leave Accrual - we calculate on the basis of hourly as our staff are on hourly wages. Therefore will the Calculation basis be 3.8462% of Gross Hours?  I am told this gives the standard accrual of 10 days per annum?

Does sick leave carry to the next year?

Where can I link the Sick Leave Accrual To? Sick Pay?

Lastly for Sick Pay - In the wages info, does the pay rate for sick leave equal their regular rate Multiplied by 1.0? Or a fixed hourly rate of?

Do we automatically adjust base hourly details?

And finally, how can I transfer all the balances that was in Personal Leave entitlements onto the sick leave entitlements?

Thanks,

Sick Leave Accrual.jpg
Sick Pay.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

534Posts

78Kudos

69Solutions

Re: Setting Up Sick Pay and Sick Leave Accrual Info and transferring 'personal leave balances' to Sick Leave Accrual

Hi @Nonabel 

Personal/Carer's Leave is just a different name for Sick/Carer's Leave so you don't need to create new entitlement/payroll categories. 

If you really want to change the name you can do so by -

• open Payroll Categories
  • in the Wages tab open the Personal Leave category
  • in the Wages Name field change the name to Sick Leave and click ok
  • in the Entitlements tab open the Personal Leave Accrual 
  • in the Entitlement Name field change the change the name to Sick Leave accrual and click ok

This support note, Leave and Entitlements, has detailed info on set up, calculations, linked accounts. I think it will answer all your questions.

The fairwork website does state that the balance at the end of each year carries over to the next year, but you should always check your modern award on the website.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post