Shift Work and Annual Leave Accrual at different pay rate

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Emily1982
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Shift Work and Annual Leave Accrual at different pay rate

Hi all,

I have set up a Saturday shift wage category (x1.5 ordinary rate). Due to awards, Fair Work has advised that annual leave taken on Saturday shift will be paid at x1.5 ordinary rate. Hence, I have set up a separate annual leave entitlement category to keep track on the leave accrual for workers that work on Saturday.

The issue now is when annual leave (x1.5 rate) is taken, the leave accrual is calculated automatically as the normal rate instead of the separate annual leave entitlement category 1.5x that has been created. 

Question -

How do I ensure when I enter the hours for Annual Leave (x1.5 rate), the annual accrual is calculated under “Hol Leave Acc: H/Rate 1.5x” and not at the ordinary annual leave category?

The first screenshot is to illustrate the issue above. 

The second and third screenshots are to show the current payroll setup. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Shift Work and Annual Leave Accrual at different pay rate

Hi @Emily1982 

When hours are entered against the Annual Leave (x1.5 rate) wage category, if you don't want the normal annual leave entitlement category to calculate based on the hours then please make sure this wage category is excluded from the entitlement calculation basis. And vice versa, in order to have 'Hol Leave Acc: H/Rate 1.5x' entitlement category to accrue on the hours entered, please make sure this wage category is included in its calculation basis. 

Therefore, please go to your Payroll Category > Entitlements > click into the normal rate leave accrual category and check its setup, if it's % on Gross Hours, please use the 'Exempt' button at the top to exempt Annual Leave (x1.5 rate) wage category.

As of the 'Hol Leave Acc: H/Rate 1.5x' set up in your screenshot, it's calculating % on 'Saturday Hourly Rate (x...' alone, you can also set it to Gross Hours then use 'Exempt' to remove all unwanted wage categories.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post