Sick Leave Entitlements wrong

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JohannaKyard
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sick Leave Entitlements wrong

Hi there,

When an employees card was set up entitlements such as holiday leave and sick leave were not ticked, and therefore not accured until today. How can I calculate the hours of sick leave that the employee is supposed to have to date?

Leave entitlement % is 7.69

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sick Leave Entitlements wrong

Hi @JohannaKyard

If you have not calculated an entitlement value for an employee and do need to backdate the entitlement calculation you would be looking at completing the following steps:

1. Work out the number of hours the employee has worked/should have been factored into that calculation. I would be running the Activity Detail report for that employee (Reports>>Payroll>>Employees).
  2. Once that has been worked out, you would take that number multiply it by the entitlement calculation basis to give you the value that the entitlement should have been
  3. Through the use of the Entitlement reports (Reports>>Payroll>>Entitlements), calculate the total amount calculated today for that entitlement
  4. Take the value that it should have been minus what has already been calculated less any leave taken to give you the adjustment value.
  5. With that adjustment value, you can then record an adjustment pay to correct the entitlement. Our Help Article: Adjusting leave entitlements would be able to assist with that process.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post