Sick and Long Service Leave Entitlements not calculating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DebLA
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sick and Long Service Leave Entitlements not calculating

As at 1/7/20 I have changed an employee set up from hourly to salary. I have changed their pay basis to salary. I have transferred all their hourly closing balance accurals to salary accrual balances by doing a zero dollar payrun (negative value for hourly, positive value for salary). After that I have unticked their hourly entitlements and ticked salary entitlements for Holiday Leave, Long Service Leave and Sick Leave, these are set up correctly and used for all salaried employess (calculating on hours per year). 

I have checked this employee set up against another salaried employee set up and it is identical.

However when I run a payroll, under entitlements it only shows hours accruing for 'Holiday Leave - Salary', and nothing for the other two entitlements. In the same pay run I checked against the other employee set up identically and there are values for all three entitlements (as there should be). 

Can you please advise why no long service or personal leave entitlements are calculating.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sick and Long Service Leave Entitlements not calculating

Hi @DebLA 

Thank you for your post, sorry to see that no-one has offered assistance in regards to it.

You mentioned that the Calculation basis of the entitlement is set to be X hours per year. The adjustment hours you processed was that the same amount or more than the calculation basis? For example, the calculation basis is set to be 10 hours per year but you have adjusted the leave to 11? If so, then as far as the system is concerned the employee has accrued the required amount of entitlement for the year and thus there is no new entitlement accrual required for that entitlement. 

To remedy this situation, you want to set the entitlement calculation basis to be Equals x amount of hours per pay*. This way the entitlement calculation is only looking at that particular pay, not the full year thus those adjustments are not being factored in.

*You could, in theory, set it to be monthly, although note that any months you have done an adjust in would not accrue any leave with the calculation basis set to be that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DebLA
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sick and Long Service Leave Entitlements not calculating

Thank you, that does make sense!  I will adjust accordingly.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post